Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a big fan of the early Monsters. On my daily now I run a set of CRG lanesplitters. I also run the same mirrors on a few of my other riders. But, as my number of bikes increases (the N+1 factor), space becomes more limited.

So, even though the lanesplitters fold, I find things getting a little crowded in the garage.

Besides that, I have to admit that the CRG's make the bike look wider, IMO, and I'm not really digging the look lately (visibility-wise though...they are awesome). I've seen a few Rizoma options and wanted to see what some of you might be using. I really do want functional mirrors...but also something somewhat low-profile to fit in well with the bike. In other words, mirrors that don't look like crap but also don't scream look at me from a styling standpoint.

If you've got some good options, let me know.

Thanks.

·
Registered
7,669 Posts
Mirrors that don’t allow good rear view are merely decoration to make you legal, aren’t they ? I run bar end mirrors on most of my bikes, Mickey Mouse ears on my SuperGlide ( The long stem variety to see past my shoulders). I have a tight bike parking area and they get in the way, but I value a good rear view over style. I’ve even put bar end mirrors on my SS because the fairing mounted ones were useless. Folders definitely help parking clearance. My view is that function must win over style and there really doesn’t seem to be a way to get both. Luckily, I don’t mind the look of bar end mirrors like you do, and I don’t lane split.

Reactions: JayLo

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I agree on functionality being mandatory. The lane splitters really give me a great view. There are a few Rizoma options that may fit the bill. And to be fair to the CRG’s...they are a nice looking mirror, just ready for a fresh approach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts