Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are the mirrors Ducati should have included with the 996 from the factory. The shape and the color match the bike so much better than the OEM's and you can actually see what's behind you, not just your elbows.

Attachments

·
Registered
535 Posts
These are the mirrors Ducati should have included with the 996 from the factory. The shape and the color match the bike so much better than the OEM's and you can actually see what's behind you, not just your elbows.
Agree, they match like it was original.
Good find! Any more info?

·
Registered
790 Posts
I think I'll stick with the black oem ones mine came with.
Those look like little hippo ears..

·
Registered
156 Posts
I think the stock mirrors are quite perfect TBH. My previous duke had them replaced with Ducati option body-coloured mirrors and they stood out too much.

Also, I only have the problem of seeing my elbows when I'm stopped at the lights. When I'm crouched down zipping through the twisties, I get a full view through my mirrors. It's a sport bike, it's not meant to be ridden like a grandpa. Your elbows should be bent with your forearms almost horizontal.

Edit: also, they pop out easily (and fly down the road) when they cop a big hit, then you just pick them up and slot them back in.

·
Premium Member
2004 998S FE, 2000 748B, 1986 750 F1
2,408 Posts
I am glad that you are happy with them and they match beautifully. A saying in our house "they look like a bought one"

I don't mind the standard ones and can see quite well with them, my elbows rarely get in the way.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The pics don't do them justice, they look much better in person, far better than the stock and much better quality. They also do not stick out much more than the OEM.

I ride my 996 as hard as anyone on the back roads (without being an idiot); however, also do 200-300 mile/day rides. These mirrors give a better view than the OEM Elephant Ears.

ericjansen - I purchased them through DesmoPorsche.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts