Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fed up with the mirrors so replaced them with a pair with LED indicators but now they flash too fast, what can I do please ?????

·
Registered
80 Posts
too fast

Did you intalled the proper relay with the new flasher.
The little black box that come with the new kit.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you intalled the proper relay with the new flasher.
The little black box that come with the new kit.
No I didn't get anything with the mirrors, can I buy the relay separately,
how is it different to the original one??

·
Registered
80 Posts
Assuming you are installing the Ducati mirrors/flasher.
You should probably ask the dealer if the new mirrors/flasher are a direct replacement for the Hyper front flasher.
I hope Ducati would make a direct replacement for their mirrors/flasher.

If not, some guys have done that change and can probably help you.
:)

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
There is a setting in the dashboard computer that allows you to change over to LED lights. You may want to try this first. Otherwise, you can get an inline resistor from Motrax which will slow the slow the flash rate. I had to do the latter with my rears as the computer setting did nothing.

There are some posts on this if you do a search you will find some good info.

Out!

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
There is a setting in the dashboard computer that allows you to change over to LED lights. You may want to try this first. Otherwise, you can get an inline resistor from Motrax which will slow the slow the flash rate. I had to do the latter with my rears as the computer setting did nothing.

There are some posts on this if you do a search you will find some good info.

Out!
the dashboard setting for indicators to LED is only for the rear turn indicators, if you replace the stock incandescent bulb style indicators for LED indicators.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Fed up with the mirrors so replaced them with a pair with LED indicators but now they flash too fast, what can I do please ?????
The dashboard blackbox requires that the LED's consume 3.11 W, as the orginals do. Looks to me that you need to put a resistor on each side in parallel or serial. Could you please post the Watt's of your new LED's, then I calculate for you the resistor and how to place it. You should find the Watts either on the LED glass or in the owners manual.
Should be an easy fix.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I put some LED'S on the front of mine!Used a 80 ohm 5 watt resister in parallel
with the winkies.
Do not put it in series or you will get a voltage drop accross the resister and the winkies will be very dim!!!
I think the replacement LED'S that I brought were 1.3 watt.
Resisters are very cheap so buy a few different sizes till you get the flash rate right.

·
Registered
243 Posts
its pretty easy,
(13.5x13.5)-(10w-new w)= required Ohms.
Usually about 22 Ohm and appropriate wattage.Make sure thet go in parallel not series ( ie the resistor mimics a bulb ).
Worked for me.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the advice, after reading other threads I thought I might just change the relay but I cant find it on the bike, not even shown on my workshop manual disc, anyone know where it is??

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thanks for all the advice, after reading other threads I thought I might just change the relay but I cant find it on the bike, not even shown on my workshop manual disc, anyone know where it is??
Krill, it is all sitting within the dashboard blackbox. To sortout your issue, resistors is the easiest. If your LED's have less then 3.11W you need resistors in parallel, otherwise we need some extra power. Please post your Watts.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Krill, it is all sitting within the dashboard blackbox. To sortout your issue, resistors is the easiest. If your LED's have less then 3.11W you need resistors in parallel, otherwise we need some extra power. Please post your Watts.
ss?

Each indicator has a strip of 16 very small LED's in lots of 4, the only thing on them is KOSO-72, does this mean anything to you, is there a way of measuring the watts

·
Registered
121 Posts
ss?

Each indicator has a strip of 16 very small LED's in lots of 4, the only thing on them is KOSO-72, does this mean anything to you, is there a way of measuring the watts
Krill, difficult to say how these things are internally wired. I only can guess that the 4 lots are wired in parallel + an internal resistor.

Do you have the chance to measure the current (Ampere) which is flowing through the LED's while they are blinking?

Then calculate: Power = 12V x Ampere = Watt

Then go to my webpage (see link below). Follow: Tech -> Hyper LED, there you will find the rest and how I have done it with other LED's.

Give a shout if you need more help.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts