Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Before you decide to modify your mirrors, check to make sure the mirror stalks are fully seated in their rubber boots on the fairing. It’s a fairly common problem for them to get bumped back and pull out from to rubber lip, thereby narrowing their field of view. I’ve had good luck carefully sliding a small thin bladed screwdriver between the stalk and rubber lip around the periphery of the stalk base in order to gently set it back into position.

BTW, Nice color choice ;-)

·
Still needs a life.
12,619 Posts
I have never felt the need for mirror extenders, but I have installed on the outside corner of my sideview mirrors those small convex mirrors that are sold at auto parts stores. They can be adjusted for greater peripheral or rear view.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bill_Anderson said:
I have never felt the need for mirror extenders, but I have installed on the outside corner of my sideview mirrors those small convex mirrors that are sold at auto parts stores. They can be adjusted for greater peripheral or rear view.

The 06 comes with the outside part (about 1.5 inces) of the mirror convex. It is divided from the normal part of the mirror by a dashed line.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mr_Squidward said:
Before you decide to modify your mirrors, check to make sure the mirror stalks are fully seated in their rubber boots on the fairing. It’s a fairly common problem for them to get bumped back and pull out from to rubber lip, thereby narrowing their field of view. I’ve had good luck carefully sliding a small thin bladed screwdriver between the stalk and rubber lip around the periphery of the stalk base in order to gently set it back into position.

BTW, Nice color choice ;-)

Thanks I love it I got it on Friday and only went for one ride (150 miles).
The bike is great. I had the Ducati performance package ( CF pipes, ECU, K&N Filter and open air box lid). I also have a top case on order should be here next week.

I will check the mirrors this weekend

Thanks,
Phil

·
Registered
37 Posts
Great looking bike. Enjoy. When I was in the shop yesterday, I helped the salesmen sell a Red 06 ST3 to a customer who was not sure if the bike was sporty enough.

He was trading in a V-Strom for it, I told him among other things, "Hell ya" .

·
Still needs a life.
12,619 Posts
Philm said:
The 06 comes with the outside part (about 1.5 inces) of the mirror convex. It is divided from the normal part of the mirror by a dashed line.
This feature also came with my 01-ST4, 02-ST4s, and 04-ST4s, but I never felt it was effective. Attached are photos of the add-on convex mirrors I describer earlier. They are adjustable within their plastic housing and do not afffect the looks of the bike when viewed fom the front or side.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Originally Posted by Philm

Even the USA 1998 models have this feature!! I agree that the tips are "not covex enough".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.