Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to take apart this mirror? Its for a superbike (older model). I've got the orange turn signal glass off (one screw), but I need to get the reflector out, and I'm not sure if its held in w/ screws or if the mirror itself is held in with screws. Anyone ever take one of these apart?

·
9,757 Posts
Anyone know how to take apart this mirror? Its for a superbike (older model). I've got the orange turn signal glass off (one screw), but I need to get the reflector out, and I'm not sure if its held in w/ screws or if the mirror itself is held in with screws. Anyone ever take one of these apart?

From taking apart other mirrors I know that you get to the guts by pulling the mirror glass off, which in most cases is held on by plastic clips.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I know the answer now. You don't take these mirrors apart - without sacrificing the glass. The screws to remove the reflector and bulb assembly are under the mirror which is glued in place with heavy black rubber/silicon.

·
Registered
724 Posts
20/20 now..... But maybe using a heat gun--- hot enough to soften the silicone but cool enough not to damage the glass/reflective backing or plastic housing?

Be patience --------- go easy and it may work now that you know what is holding it on. Silicone will soften with heat. How much???

Good luck on the rest of it.....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What mirror is that?
ducati performance mirror w/ integrated turn signals. part # 52310041A and 52310031A - (right and left side)

this guy on Ebay is selling them for ~$200 a pair.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Genuine-Ducati-Red-or-Yellow-998-996-748-Mirrors-New_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a12Q7c66Q3a2Q7c39Q3a1Q7c72Q3a1171Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a1Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem1c0a9e94c1QQitemZ120437249217QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

they are nice mirrors. The part that attaches to the windscreen is metal and they are well made.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts