Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to take apart this mirror? Its for a superbike (older model). I've got the orange turn signal glass off (one screw), but I need to get the reflector out, and I'm not sure if its held in w/ screws or if the mirror itself is held in with screws. Anyone ever take one of these apart?

·
9,757 Posts
Anyone know how to take apart this mirror? Its for a superbike (older model). I've got the orange turn signal glass off (one screw), but I need to get the reflector out, and I'm not sure if its held in w/ screws or if the mirror itself is held in with screws. Anyone ever take one of these apart?

From taking apart other mirrors I know that you get to the guts by pulling the mirror glass off, which in most cases is held on by plastic clips.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From taking apart other mirrors I know that you get to the guts by pulling the mirror glass off, which in most cases is held on by plastic clips.
crap crap crap crap! I just shattered the mirror... :|

Question 2 - anyone know if you can just replacement glass for these mirrors :eek:

·
Registered
724 Posts
20/20 now..... But maybe using a heat gun--- hot enough to soften the silicone but cool enough not to damage the glass/reflective backing or plastic housing?

Be patience --------- go easy and it may work now that you know what is holding it on. Silicone will soften with heat. How much???

Good luck on the rest of it.....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.