Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, we all know Spies is going to clean everyone's clocks, that's a given!

[Flame suit on] :p

But how about this tasty possibility, which someone alluded to in another thread...

Put Mladin on Neukirchner's bike! OMG, would that be a race for the ages or what??? PLEASE, Suzuki, make it so!

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
I highly doubt Haga will be able to keep pace at Miller. Spies will either do the double, or crash out of one of the races because he will be trying SO HARD to win the US race. I wouldn't doubt he doesn't do the double as well, just because of that reason.

Miller is going to be the turning point for the championship. If Ben wins the next 4 races and Haga gets 2nd, I think things might turn against Haga in the latter half of the season and Ben could be a title contender. If Haga keeps on his perfect record (besides the bird incident) and Ben has one more DNF exiting Miller, it could be all over.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Flavor of the Month
2,359 Posts
Checa or Fabrizio for the double with Haga on the podium in both races along with Ben in at least one race.

·
Flavor of the Month
2,359 Posts
I wouldn't be making any bets on WSBK:)

·
Registered
144 Posts
agreed, I think ben will be trying so hard to impress on US soil, that he makes mistakes or crashes out. Plus ben will have much more distractions here than other tracks, the pressure is doubled for him at Miller. We also see wsbk regulars do fairly well at tracks they don't normally test/race at. I think this will be ben's toughest race of the year!!!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I say Ben for the double. He is faster than the rest of the field on tracks that he is learning by way of X box... Now he is on a track he knows well. Plus Ben doesnt strike me as the type to let outside pressure ect affect him. I think he will go out and race his race just like he has at every other WSBK event.
I like the Mladin prospect but doubt that would happen. If it did that could be really good for Ben as in one more rider between him and Haga.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I think you'll find that doesn't matter, and will mean nothing for him. Just look at Laguna seca, as an example!
What about laguna?? Hayden killed everyone 1st year there. then Rossi learned the track came back much faster. Rossi admits watching film to learn how Nicky was taking the cork screw. Most racers cant learn lines by simply watching film. What about Fabrizio at Monza?? you dont think rehis experiance on that track made a difference? Miller is a fast track with some really weird sections. Its not a track that has turns that can be compared to other tracks really. Im pretty sure knowlege of the track will play a factor

·
Flavor of the Month
2,359 Posts
Don't the WSBKs run a different layout than the AMA bikes at Miller?

The Doctor, the Texas Tornado and the Kentucky Kid was an awsome movie about that race in '05. Watching the whole program on MotoGP.com really showed how messed up it was that year. During a moment of silence for a terrorist attack in London is when our national anthem was sung...and messed up because the guy forgot the words. Not cool, but kind of funny.

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
kingsnake said:
Now he is on a track he knows well.
I think you'll find that doesn't matter, and will mean nothing for him...
LOL!

You just got done telling us how much Spies would struggle on tracks he doesn't know! Now, you're saying a track he knows, in his home country, won't mean anything?

Well... I guess you could be right. You can't do any better than pole position, a new lap record, and a double win. So maybe it won't make a difference! :D

·
Premium Member
2012 Matte Black SFS
426 Posts
I don't think Spies will double this one either. Most likely, he'll get superpole again...he's just that fast! But, I think he will win one race, and make podium the other race. I think Haga will podium both races as well and take one win on this one too.

There is no doubt that this will be an exciting race to watch! Too bad Neukirchner is out...I think he would have done well with the Suzuki package on this track...!

1 - 20 of 129 Posts