Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For of those in the Military, there's a Track Day at Streets of Willow on the 5th of June. Here is some of the info that I have found on it. So far I'm the only one from my work place that is going.

http://www.sportbikeswest.com/track-days/6641-southwest-region-military-track-day-streets-willow-friday-5jun09.html

On Friday June 5, 2009 Veloce Track days is holding a military track day at the Streets of Willow in Rosamond, CA. In order to sign up for the track day you will need to go to Veloce Track Days, Speed Your Soul when you check out you will need to enter the discount code SERVTHNX to reduce the cost to $125.00. No military ID at the track = no riding.

·
Registered
233 Posts
It'd be nice if they gave us a discount when it's not as hot as the surface of thesun up there. But I will definitely see if I can make it with a few other friends. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, its going 2 be hot. Usually I find out about Military tracks weeks after they happened. Free Rockstar energy drink all day and then dehydration. I'm spending the night @ Edwards Air Force base and driving there in the morning. Edwards is like 15miles away and better lodging, hopefully.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Damn, if i wasnt deployed i'd be all over this! Hopefully more trackday organizers around the area start promoting military discounts a little more. I like the Edwards AFB idea- i'll have to remember that one.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's one for Class Motorcycle School in SoCal. http://www.classrides.com/

from their wesite:
A special thank you to all of you veterans of the U.S. military. This year we have enjoyed a large number of members of the military taking Reg up on his generous offer to those who give so very much for all of us. Why so many? It's because we are offering a military discount to all members of the U.S. military who have served in Iraq or Afghanistan in the past 5 years. If that's you, you are eligible for a very special discount indeed - a free CLASS at Streets of Willow or $100 off any of our other dates in '08. We hope you will come out as we extend our thanks and welcome home that you deserve!

Details are here.

Military discounts will require a DD214 (and undeniable proof you are the person in the DD214) as proof you have served in Iraq or Afghanistan the past 5 years. That means boots on the ground unless otherwise approved by Reg. If you are still enlisted, you may provide proof in the form of orders or a fitness report. The main idea is to have undeniable proof. Anybody messing with our requirements has the Marines to answer to ;-) The number of attendees with military discounts is limited to 10 riders per school.

So one of these days when it cools down up there, I am gonna try it out and take my old orders to Iraq and see what kind of deal I get. Keep you guys advised.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nice finds!

I think it's military appreciation b/c only seasoned veterans of sandbox deployments can appreciate the heat of Willow Springs in June.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts