Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently moved to new jersey and purchased a ducati 2000 996. because NJ doesnt let me own four wheelers i decided to sell them and buy this. Im mechanicly inclined and have worked quads for quite awhile and was hoping i could have a jersey resident or anyone near mcguire air force base to give me a hand with my valves,belts and look at my rockers..id be willing to pay per for your labor as long as i could help,and id also be willing to deliver it . Im leaving to go to afghanistan this summer and would like to get the bike 100%so that when i leave i can let my wife have one less thing to worry about.

Im willing to pay a resnoable price but not a dealers($90). id also buy the parts needed.

Thank you very much (website is very informative its helped do basic maintance just by searching!)
A1C Doug Delpha

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
(thanks for the reply) ive read through almost all of the maintance website for the bike,but id much rather WATCH someone who knows what there doing then to have me make a mistake and cost me my bike.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Welcome to NJ and thanks for your service!! Good luck with your mechanical adventure!

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
NJ doesn't let you drive a car? I would be incredulous but I'm reminded of why I left that state.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
NJ doesn't let you drive a car? I would be incredulous but I'm reminded of why I left that state.
With his reference to four wheelers and quads, I am assuming he can't own ATV's in NJ...:confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes i can drive a car lol

the issue is that when i used to live at fort drum ny riding atvs was perfectly legal,yet i came to new jersey and had a cop pull up behind me and tell me to pack it up because its a 10,000 fine for riding on state land(all of jersey)and that theyll impound my quad ,so i sold my wifes and mine and bought the bike

currently trying to get her a bike also(not a duc)but a fz6

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
As a fellow member of the military, allow me to say welcome to the forums! I'm currently stationed at Fort McPherson, GA. I wish I could help you out with the maintainence, but being in GA compared to NJ presents a problem. If you wanted to bring it down here, I'd be more than happy to help you. I took the plunge last fall and did my valves and belts. Just this spring, i did a complete top end rebuild on my 748. It's really not as hard as it's made up to be. If you can't get anyone up north to help you, and you decide to try it on your own, shoot me a private message and I'll help you the best I can.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Ah, that makes more sense. You can own one but can't ride on state land. Brings back fond memories of New Joisey, where the people are wards of the state.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts