Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Morning 'motard enthusiasts! Just want to say I've been lurking around the forum for a while like most people & finally registered! I love this forum & there's lots of info I've gained from reading the threads. I'm in the Army stationed at Fort Bragg, NC (currently deployed) & I'll be back here soon & I've been researching quite a while now to find the right one. I currently have an '07 ZX6R (black) & I had the honor of demo'ing a HM before I left & I loved it! I've been shopping & I was lookin' for one used preferably but most of the prices I've come across are more than what the bank values them at! However if they're new 08-09 models they'll approve them 100% no worries. I know Ducs are in a whole different class than any Japanese bikes so trying to haggle w/the price is kinda hard but I'm just tired of dealing /the "stealerships" extra fees & stuff. What's the typical price ranges between the HM standard & S models? There is one for sale locally, here's the info, let me know what you guys think: Sorry for the rambling & looking forward to gain more knowledge from y'all, ride safe & wear the gear!:yeah:

2008 HM "s"-black-$12,100
4,150 mi.
DP seat
DP ECU
rear stand
pressure plate/cover

·
Premium Member
12,343 Posts
Great choice , Welcome aboard... From what I"ve gathered Where you decide to buy from can be a make or break ,in the good or bad Ducati experience department!
I guess I'm lucky to have what I consider a Great Dealer to rely on..
Either that or there are some real whiners here ,( Very Very low percentage)
I guess prices vary depending where you look..

Rely on the Dealers Reputation ,hang around and do a recon mission and see how the coustomers are treated , Hey talk to the coustomers and ask ,they are bikers and won't mind talking and sharing info with you...
I think bad dealers are rare ..But as always there will be a line up to take your money, they may as well be a good dealership that gets the honour of your buisness...

Stay Safe Sir, and Enjoy your intelligent purchase,,,Have a ball

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info, appreciate it! Whats ur take on the HM listed above for sale? From my knowledge the DP seat, ecu & pressure plate/cover are all mods non factory correct? He didn't mention anything or I couldn't see in the pics about a aftermarket exhaust.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I got my 08 "S" stock six months left on the warranty with 1500 miles for $10,300 on ebay. Check the classifieds here I saw some good deals one guys got one up for $10,800.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Be verry careful...

I'm always a little dubious about modded bikes unless a) I know the person selling well and they are competent; or b) I have a great wrench who I trust check the bike out very thoroughly.

I have lots of friends who have cried rivers over badly set-up bikes which were set up by people with ham hands, big wallets, and no brains.

I was just in Fayettville a month ago for my son's deployment (4/508th) and didn't get to mingle with the motoculture - so my 1st recommendation would be to find a strong wrench if you're looking at a Hyper regardless.

They are great bikes, but they seduce even old wary guys like me into riding like complete clowns...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sup bro. Marine Corps here. I got my HYM S for 13k. It had 2300 miles on it, 2-1 Termi Sys, DP race Seat, DP mirrors/hand guard, CF Tib Bits all over, Rear Stand, tail rack/luggage, and all stock parts removed. I thought this was a smoking deal considering. If I were you I would scour Craigslist. You can find some smoking deals there.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
That price is too high. You can probably find one with fewer miles and more goods than that for less. Keep looking and if you have a few days to kill, maybe traveling up to 500 miles will net you a better deal. Winter will result in some better deals.

Have a safe trip and welcome back home!

Out!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks gents for all the info, the search will continue & hopefully find something.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Those are much better deals. If you could knock $300-500 additional off that S, you would have a score. Maybe a little more off the standard and you are good to go.

Out!

·
Registered
51 Posts
found one in St. Augustine, FL, anyone near that area that might wanna check this out?

Link: http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/mcy/1389603583.html

Another, not sure where this is: http://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/mcy/1362050828.html
I would say good luck finding a deal like that in SoCal but a month after I buy mine I run across this one tonight.

http://[email protected]

This one has a few more miles than I was looking for but I would have srprang for this one as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That guy w/the HM "s" in FL emailed me back last night, he said he'd take $9500 for it

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thinking bout' it, buying a 2nd bike seems a bit harder to do than the first one! Anyone have any tips on buying out of state? My wife really can't drive down there to see it unfortunately, anyway to ensure its legit? Also does anyone have any experience w/the "windscreen's" they have for the HM? Are they affective?

·
Registered
437 Posts
V-
There used to be a guy on here from jaksonville, fl. I remember him from posting girls with his hyper, but can't remember his screen name, search and maybe you can see if he would do you a favor. I will be in Fl. by the 20th of this month, if the bike is still around I don't taking a look at it for you.
F-

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Windscreen

thinking bout' it, buying a 2nd bike seems a bit harder to do than the first one! Anyone have any tips on buying out of state? My wife really can't drive down there to see it unfortunately, anyway to ensure its legit? Also does anyone have any experience w/the "windscreen's" they have for the HM? Are they affective?
I am 6'2" and I have noticed less wind blast on my chest at speeds over 70mph. Anything under 70 and the windscreen is not noticeable.

So, if you plan to run the freeway or run tracks with a long straight, the windscreen can provide a benefit. In hindsight, I wish I had saved the $100 and put it towards new mirrors/handguards.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I just got a letter from DeSimone Motorsport saying they will close the day before thanksgiving. Its in NJ, but maybe they will have a deal on a hyper, not sure what happens to bikes when a dealer closes.
It might be a good time to get a deal on other goodies helmets, gloves, parts and so on.

Their number is : 856.840.1580

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good info bro, thanx. You ever ride in the winter months??? Thats more my concern cause I like to ride year 'round & I wanna get what I can to help make my commute a bit easier. I'm still waiting for him to send me some more pics, if its still around on the 20th I'll hit you up, that'd be great if you could check it out if you had the time. Evidentally this guy is the mayor there in St. Augustine, I was like ...............WHAT! :p "I keep it in my air conditioned garage" I wish......dayum.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts