Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally got my 998 out this past sunday for a real ride (270 miles...ouch!) since i purchased it a few weeks ago. i reached 130 miles on 1 tank full without the gas light coming on.

i thought my last 998 got about 120 miles per tank but it has been a couple of years so i could just be remembering incorrectly. it seems like every bike i have owned typically gets about 120 miles per tank.

is this typical or should i be worried that i have a light or sensor out? what type of mileage do you typically get out of a full tank?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Gas milage really depends on riding style. The best way to find out if you have a light out is just fill up the tank and see how much goes in after your 130 miles. Someone will have to let you know how big the tank is and how much it holds before the light comes on. If you put more than that in with out the light coming on you have a problem. My S4R holds ~3.1 gal before the light comes on for reference but I am lucky to see 100 miles at that point.

·
Senior Italophile
865 Posts
I know its a different motor but my 916 gets 150-160 miles on a tank when I am commuting. I usually tank up before I reach 140 when I am flogging it in the twistys my low fuel light comes on at about 25 miles to go.
I like to run the tank low when I am riding in the twisty turnys less weight to throw around.

·
Registered
205 Posts
My 998 gets about 120-130 miles out of a tank. I ride fast and hard. Sounds normal to me.

Flash

·
Registered
101 Posts
The 998 is a 5 gallon tank. I have gone over 170 before stopping for gas. Should get the warning light with about 1.5 gallons left in the tank.

·
Senior Italophile
865 Posts
The 998 is a 5 gallon tank. I have gone over 170 before stopping for gas. Should get the warning light with about 1.5 gallons left in the tank.
No it is not. It is a 17 liter tank including the reserve which translates to 4.49 gallons.

Here

·
Registered
19 Posts
I get about 140 miles on my 996 when the the light turns on with mostly commuting and a few WOT blasts (40mpg). If I remember correctly its around 3.5 gallons on my bike to turn the light on and 4.5 total. The most I ever went on one tank was 180 miles of all freeway.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Sounds like your bike get decent fuel economy, 40mpg, wow I'm impressed, as with my 999s I get around 33mpg on two lane twisties

My 996SPS at track days get 18mpg, max....

·
Senior Italophile
865 Posts
One of the mechanics at my local shop says that he has his 998 perfectly tuned and he gets over 200 miles :eek: regularly! holy crap that is good milage
</IMG>

·
Registered
797 Posts
Wow!! that's really good, yet I'm SURE he is very easy on the throttle.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts