Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally got my 998 out this past sunday for a real ride (270 miles...ouch!) since i purchased it a few weeks ago. i reached 130 miles on 1 tank full without the gas light coming on.

i thought my last 998 got about 120 miles per tank but it has been a couple of years so i could just be remembering incorrectly. it seems like every bike i have owned typically gets about 120 miles per tank.

is this typical or should i be worried that i have a light or sensor out? what type of mileage do you typically get out of a full tank?

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
When I rode my stock '02 998 on the interstate I'd get around 50 mpg at 70 mph, so that would be about 140 mi. My low fuel light almost always came on at 2.8 gal. used.

·
Registered
735 Posts
miles per tank . . .

greetings 998Mark,

You might get more responses if you posted your query to the "Superbike" forum, this is the "Supersport" forum, 900 SS and such.

Keep in touch - I'm in St. Louis as well. We have 6 or 7 other Ducati guys who ride together from the area. Check out the St. Louis Ducati Owners section in the Regional forums.

chow,
Fred

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey 998Mark, pushed the wrong button and ended up here. Like you I have a new 998 ...like you I went for a long ride on the weekend 345 miles (ouch, ouch). The thing with twins is it really depends on how you crack the throttle. I got 124miles riding on highway 1 then hit the gas light...then got 135 riding on the freeway home...no gas light.

My last bike R1200S would vary from 86 miles to 140 depending on throttle control...here's a question for you...once the orange light comes on...how far have you got?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
huh...i must have clicked the wrong forum. thanks, i will check out the st. louis regional section. i would love to go ride with you guys, thanks.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey 998Mark, pushed the wrong button and ended up here. Like you I have a new 998 ...like you I went for a long ride on the weekend 345 miles (ouch, ouch). The thing with twins is it really depends on how you crack the throttle. I got 124miles riding on highway 1 then hit the gas light...then got 135 riding on the freeway home...no gas light.

My last bike R1200S would vary from 86 miles to 140 depending on throttle control...here's a question for you...once the orange light comes on...how far have you got?
wow, that's a pretty wide variation. luckily, i have not challenged the gas light yet so i am unsure of how far i can get with it. i am a little scared of running out of fuel one day while i'm riding some back road without a gas station for miles, lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts