Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm riding with my normal Sunday group this morning and we head off on some very isolated roads and my fuel light comes on. So, I slow down to 4,000 in 6th, about 75 mph and watch the reserve fuel odometer and start getting nervous after it hit 15 miles and at 20 miles I finally see a gas station and fill it up. She took 4.01 gallons and the trip meter was on 158 miles. So I guess there is a bout 40 miles of gas once the fuel light comes on. It's good to know. My ZRX has a fuel guage and a reserve switch and with no fuel guage it can get a bit tricky.

BTW, at 120 mph the wind blast really causes some serious helmet buffeting and I had to slow down. Seems like 100mph is the fastest speed that I could go w/o the buffeting. Anyone working on a flyscreeen?

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Hit reserve light first time today, approx 1 mile later tanked up, odo read 150 miles and it took 3.5 gallons to fill up. 42 miles per gallon average, not bad at all!

Chris

·
Registered
15 Posts
My first tank full to reserve light was only 105 miles, not great but guess it might improve once run in?

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mileage certainly depends on how enthusiastically one applies the throttle. I did not buy this bike to ride laid back.

My original post was after the first service and most of the time I was running about 5-6,000 rpms with bursts to redline (what redline?, should I say flashing lights? Stream of conciousness: Were those the DTC lights or the redline lights?).

·
Registered
206 Posts
That's good to know it has a decent range. I've been filling up at ~100 miles each time. So it sounds like 150-170 mile range depending on riding style. Nice.

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
I've been barely breaking 100 miles per tank.. but my driving is mostly attempting to wheely all the way to 90, then slow down to the next stop :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Mine came on at 132 tonight but was almost home so don't know how many miles on reserve.

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
I just did a mini tour and got 14.5 km per litre or x4 is 58 km per gallon or around 35 mpg??

Should be 14.5 x 16l = 232km per tank or 140 miles.

What a cool way to save gas (over my diesel excursion)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts