Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious, I am trying to gauge my mileage I can get on a tank of gas akin with he reserve. What are you guys getting ?
I did a search and did not find mug info for about 5 pages. Plenty of other bikes.

Yesterday I was pushing it, and scared I was about to run out.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm getting 39.9 mpg. Fuel light comes on at 90 miles (+ or -). I've put 25 miles on the bike after that without refueling and it should go to 30ish.

·
Registered
68 Posts
The manual states a fuel reserve of 2 liters (half gallon). It also states the fuel capacity is 17 litres, which seems high to me. Someone told me they got 40-45 km once the light come, before it ran out. I've pushed it to 35km and there was still a bit in the bottom when I pulled into the gas station. I wish my car had the distance counter feature once the fuel light come on.

I never fill it right up, but I think my mileage is just under 6L/100km.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
I did about 120miles before the reserve light kicked in, never less than 100 no matter how stupid I ride.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I'm getting 39.9 mpg. Fuel light comes on at 90 miles (+ or -). I've put 25 miles on the bike after that without refueling and it should go to 30ish.
I get 35-37 mpg, usually go to 115 miles or so before filling up...haven't seen the fuel light yet...

·
øøøøº
1,312 Posts
I get on average 200km to a tank before reserve and dont like to push more than 30km after that
Same so 100-120 miles depending on the attitude.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm pretty sure I was on fumes but I made it home with 150 miles on the tank including about 25 on reserve. I was taking it pretty easy the first half if the ride.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
549 Posts
Same here as with LaRossa & Oahu. Light comes on around 125 mi, depending on riding. I generally say range of full tank is about 150 mi on this bike.

I buy non-ethanol gas, 20 - 25 gals at a time so just keep the bike topped off so don't know the actual mpg.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I get just under 40mph. There was one Sunday when a bunch of us were running on some vacant roads and the fuel light went on, and we were miles from a gas station. I just left it in 6th about 80mph and got passed by a lady on Ninja 250.:eek: She will never let me forget that. Anyway, got to a gas station showing 25 miles on the reserve and took about 4 gallons of gas.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I got 260km with 41 of that being on reserve just yesterday.

Last year I did 249 and my reserve light came on that's 145 miles thru the mountains... I have termis with ecu and filter, stock gearing.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I have an app for my iPhone called "Car Care" that lets you punch in the mileage, amount of gas you filled, cost, etc and it tracks the mpg. To not have to sit there at the gas station and punch in the data, I take a picture of the pump display after I fill up and also take a picture of the odometer. I input the info later when I get home. Give it a try. Really great app.
I hadn't used it for the SF until the other day. I'll see what I get after a few fill-ups and will post results here.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
223 Posts
I am running the 134DD exhaust, Redline Flashed ECU, and 14T front sprocket. Saturday I went for a ride and was pushing somewhat hard - triple digits most of the way and I got to 120 miles prior to the light coming on. Went an additional 15 miles and when I filled up it took 3.8 gallons.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Though it may not be the same motor, my SF848 gets ~50mpg pretty consistently. The light comes on around 165 miles and I estimate I could safely reach 200 miles on a tank. Stock filter and ecu, Akrapovic slip-ons.

~Ex

·
Registered
68 Posts
Though it may not be the same motor, my SF848 gets ~50mpg pretty consistently. The light comes on around 165 miles and I estimate I could safely reach 200 miles on a tank. Stock filter and ecu, Akrapovic slip-ons.

~Ex
I'm lucky to see 125 before my light comes on my SF848. :(

What RPM do you cruise at?

·
Registered
635 Posts

~Ex
You don't also drive a Prius by any chance?..;) That's Hyper-miler numbers there!:eek:

I'm between 37-41 mpg so far and seriously doubt I'll ever scare 50, even though it'll improve a point or two as she loosens up.

I didn't buy it to save money on fuel, but it's a nice bonus anyway :D

·
Registered
116 Posts
What RPM do you cruise at?
~4-6k

You don't also drive a Prius by any chance?..;) That's Hyper-miler numbers there!:eek:
A 2008 Honda Fit (the practical vehicle): 40+MPG.

My riding has been a fair combination of Stop-n-Go (40%) traffic and mountain/canyon (40%) roads with a touch of freeway cruising (20%). Being at altitude (5,000+ft) helps a bit as well.

~Ex

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm running into a problem here and maybe someone could give me an idea of what it could be wrong.
My SF848 lately is consuming lot of gas.

Normally i was getting between 12 to 14 kilometers per liter and this is running hard 180 - 210 kph (7k to 9isk RPM)

Lately I'm in about 10 kilometers per liter running a bit harder 180 - 240 kph (7k to 10isk RPM) on 5th to 6th gear. Sometimes 4th.

In both cases, most of the ride in twists at the UAE mountains and mostly above the 200kph.

Ducati local shop have checked all parameters and they seem to be okay. There are not indications of rich mix in plugs or exhaust. The throttle response is excellent.
My bike is standard and since new with high flow air filter. Now with 26,000 km on the clock.

What mileage you get at high speed? Maybe this mileage is normal?

Cheers, Juan M

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
It sounds normal.

The higher speeds require a good bit more power; wind resistance increases very quickly with speed.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts