Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am seriously considering picking up a really nice 2013 1000 EVo Monster as I have always lusted after one and they just look great IMO. Can someone tell me what the "good" and the "bad" on these last Gen air cooled monsters? I already know about the maintenance and that's ok. This bike has some goodies including the termi exhaust that was dealer installed (would it be safe to assume it had a map update as part of that?).

- Reliability (any known issues)?
- Suspension ok?
- Fueling?

Any thoughts would be great!

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have a 2012 with 21.7k miles. No known issues. The big twin sometimes can be hard to start - not necessarily a battery issue but more likely wiring. It is full of character, light and small. Make sure to lower the gear ratios- they are very tall. A common inexpensive mod is 14t front sprocket which I did.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Suspension is ok - fully adjustable and similar to the SF848.

Fueling improved with race map and is better on 89 octane. Also better when warmed up

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input guys!

·
Smut peddler
1,148 Posts
It all depends what you want put of it, but the overall better deal would be to find a dual spark 1100S. I went the evo route, because I liked the rearsets better on the evo chassis, and I wanted the evo motor. In hindsight, I miss the open clutch, I put aftermarket rearsets anyways. These things may or not be important to you. I still love my monster, you can't really go wrong. If you plan on doing trackdays, the S with the better suspension will be your better option, if you're more into having an awesome street ride, the evo motor is hard to beat.

Buena suertè hombre

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys....decided to keep my 2-16 Hyper SP for now....:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts