Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Still needs a life.
12,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today seven bikes from my local riding group, the PNW Road Riders, rode the back roads off Hwy. 203 on both sides of the Snoqualmie Valley. I had the only Duc, which is unusual as the group has a disproportionaly large number of Ducati riders. Three of us briefly lost the group and did back roads in the foothills above Snoqualmie, where we rode past a little of last week's snow which had not melted. We reunitied with the others at Snoqualmie Falls.

Many of you will recognize the falls and lodge from the TV series "Twin Peaks". The white you see in my photos is not over exposure, it is spray from the waterfall frozen on the cliff. The look on my son's face is testament to the chill in the shade.

After viewing the falls, we took more back roads to the Triple X root beer place in Issaquah where we had lunch. It would take you all week to view the 50's paraphenalia and souvenirs hanging from the walls inside. We ate outside as the sunshine was quite pleasant. After lunch we took Tiger Mt. Road to Hwy. 18 and rode Hwy. 18 east to Snoqualmie, in essence making a large circle. We rode past the Snoqualmie Falls once more and retraced our earlier route through the valley. The rest of the group was going to retrace our earlier route through the foothills east of Duvall, but I broke off and headed home as my son, who was riding two up with me, was getting cold.

It was a sunny day, but temps in the shade remained below freezing. One had to be careful as there was standing water on the sides of the road in the shady spots which remained frozen all day.

Attachments

·
Registered
749 Posts
Nice images Bill. Enjoyed all the pics, and seeing the frozen spray on the rocks. And having a lunch with other like minded riders is special eh? And great bringing your son along!

Hope to ride the PNW one of these days. So much to see.

·
Still needs a life.
12,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hwy1&17 said:
cool pics, looks chilly. makes me want a streetbike again :cool:
Check out SFARSON's videos of his rides in Colorado. They will really make you want a sreet bike, or better yet, a sport tourer.

·
Still needs a life.
12,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Snoqualmie Falls trivia

The falls are a day time phenomena. At night the water is diverted through a tunnel and used to generate electricity.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts