Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

141 - 146 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
So how many miles are you up to? I hope to put new rubber on in the bike in the week or so. 8K would be nice. If I get as many days as I hope, that would be about March or so when I need to replace.
About 6,800 right now. Wife and I took a trip to wine country in Va this past weekend. Went up a couple long gravel drives to some of them. Not a confidence inspiring tire offroad IMO. I would guess I have maybe another 1-1,500mi left of the rear. Front is wearing very evenly to match the back. Very pleased there as I like to replace both at the same time.
The season is winding down here in south central Pa. Not logging tons of miles this season due to other projects taking much of my time. Hope to finish this set of tires up before winter and get an official mileage.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Oh, and the set is still offering superb grip at this age/mileage. Sure, they are not as fresh as they were but I really have no complaints. I love these tires plain and simple. I've been through many brands over the years and I'll easily say they are the best combination of grip and life.
I was a huge fan of the Metzeler Z line (and remember running the laser front many moons ago). Ran Z4's on the Hawk GT, quite a few sets of Z6's on the Superhawk before experiencing them getting hard and not gripping well while still having decent tread depth left. Switch to Bridgestones (BT016f BT023r) and still use those on that bike. I prefer a more sporting tire on it as it has seen the track a few times. It ate up Conti's in 2500-3000mi so they were out. Not stellar grip anyway.
My ol' Ninja wore Dunlops and they were an ok tire for that bike. Not enough for me to continue with the brand when the bike changed.
I personally think this 5 is as close to a hypersport tire as you can get and still retain decent mileage. Especially considering how hard a big sporty twin is on a back tire.

·
Registered
19 Posts
About 6,800 right now. Wife and I took a trip to wine country in Va this past weekend. Went up a couple long gravel drives to some of them. Not a confidence inspiring tire offroad IMO. I would guess I have maybe another 1-1,500mi left of the rear. Front is wearing very evenly to match the back. Very pleased there as I like to replace both at the same time.
The season is winding down here in south central Pa. Not logging tons of miles this season due to other projects taking much of my time. Hope to finish this set of tires up before winter and get an official mileage.
Good to hear. I have no plans for off road. If I do, it will be because the pavement ran out, which if you look hard enough, you can still find that out here. Otherwise, it's all blacktop. I was worried a bit about cold weather (pavement not snow) as I do plan to ride all winter here. Will see how it does when everything gets cold and hard.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
So to follow up, I decided to mount fresh rubber today. Pulled these off even though they had more life left.

Total miles was 7031. Could have easily done 8k.
Bought a new Diablo Rosso Corsa II front because I was given a new rear one. So I will run the Pirelli's and go right back to the Road5.

·
Premium Member
3,415 Posts
My Road 5's lasted an entire riding season... first time ever for any tire on the Multi. Even at the end of the year traction was still good and I could probably put another 500 miles on them before they were REALLY sketchy... but I think I'm around 10,000 - 11,000 miles and that's enough so new sneakers in the spring.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
My Road 5's lasted an entire riding season... first time ever for any tire on the Multi. Even at the end of the year traction was still good and I could probably put another 500 miles on them before they were REALLY sketchy... but I think I'm around 10,000 - 11,000 miles and that's enough so new sneakers in the spring.
I got 6500 and was at the same wear bar depth as wolverine. The new ones are alarming. The drop in with a fresh profile and correct tire pressure is...different. Great tires overall though. Featherlight off the wheels. $550 mounted with repair/replacement insurance is ouchy.

141 - 146 of 146 Posts