Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replaced my rear after logging 10,500 miles. I only got 9k on my front. Could have gotten over 11k but I've got my 1st class this weekend, I don't want any of my students seeing my tires worn down past the wear bars. Otherwise I would have to skip an entire section covering our pre-ride inspection TCLOCS. No two up, I weigh about 170 lbs without gear. I picked up the same rear for $210 shipped.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Replaced my rear after logging 10,500 miles. I only got 9k on my front. Could have gotten over 11k but I've got my 1st class this weekend, I don't want any of my students seeing my tires worn down past the wear bars. Otherwise I would have to skip an entire section covering our pre-ride inspection TCLOCS. No two up, I weigh about 170 lbs without gear. I picked up the same rear for $210 shipped.

Hi! I replaced mine too from the Ducati Authorized Service Center. What happen is that when I got home, i noticed my panel showing DSS ERRORS. Is this because I change the stock profile of the tire or something went wrong during the replacement?
I return the bike at the shop and they quoted a replacement of accelerometer...
Multistrada Touring here

·
Premium Member
4,332 Posts
Hi! I replaced mine too from the Ducati Authorized Service Center. What happen is that when I got home, i noticed my panel showing DSS ERRORS. Is this because I change the stock profile of the tire or something went wrong during the replacement?
I return the bike at the shop and they quoted a replacement of accelerometer...
Multistrada Touring here
You should look for the thread to be sure but I believe that tires should not cause DSS issues on any of the 1200's... I seem to recall that the bike learned tire diameter on startup.

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
63 Posts
I too just mounted up a set of Road 5's at my 18k service. The TrailII's that were on there prior were down to the bars out back, and the front had life, but was cupping. With about 500miles on the Road 5's, I'm pretty happy with the switch.
Hoping to get a lot of commuting miles out of these.

·
Registered
190 Posts
You should look for the thread to be sure but I believe that tires should not cause DSS issues on any of the 1200's... I seem to recall that the bike learned tire diameter on startup.
I've run many different brands and never had a DSS error code.

·
Registered
9 Posts
road 5 tires

Just put a set of Road 5 on my 2015 Multi and love them so far. Have not tried them in the rain yet but so far they stick well in the corners. Price is most I have ever paid for a set of tires. Ran the pr 4 on my 2009 Connie and they were great tires. Had 5 rears and 3 fronts and had no problems at all.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wonder what kind of mileage you'll get out of the 5's vs the 4's. I'll probably get the 5's put on next time around, unless I find a great deal on the 4's. Probably will have the 5's on the front for a while until the 4's wear out.

·
1st Gen Hyper Hooligan
2,374 Posts
Damn, you probably could have gotten a few grand more if you needed too. I had a set last me 8k and still sold them with the OE wheels. Now I have the GT's. When these go I will likely OPT for the 5's unless there is a fire sale on the 4s. Great tire.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've had 2 sets of PR4's and I changed them both out at 8,000 miles. Most of the miles were 2 up with luggage. Both sets had some life left in them, but I had trips coming up that I wanted new tread.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My last set of tires were Dunlop Road Smart 3's. I really liked them as well. It helped that I got a set for $260 and I have a tire machine and balancer at home. They currently have 7500 miles on them. Half of the miles were 2 up with luggage and the other half 1 up, no luggage. They look like have another 1500 miles in them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
They replace the accelerometer with a new one. I never ask why or how it happen. Most important now is everything is in good working order again.:laugh:
Thanks to you guys...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts