Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
Make that the Rosso “III”.

The RS won’t last very long. It’s more of a track day tire comparable to the Pirelli Supercorsa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Make that the Rosso “III”.

The RS won’t last very long. It’s more of a track day tire comparable to the Pirelli Supercorsa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I don't think they make the Rosso III in that size do they?

·
Sophomore Member
3,192 Posts
The Power RS is about a 50/50 tire track/street. It seems like complete overkill for a Diavel where ground clearance will be an issue long before you need something as sticky as the RS. Its dual compound, but even still, the center is pretty soft. Its a great tire, but not really meant for this application. I'd stick with the Pirelli to get more miles out of a set of tires.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Thanks. Sadly nobody sells them in the U.S. in that size. I checked everywhere. Maybe they can be special ordered. I'm not super impressed with the Rosso II. The turn-in isn't that great. Of course I'm comparing it to my Panigale 1199 and Hyperstrada. Is the Rosso III much better?

I want to make it handle as good as I can and if it doesn't get to where I want it I may get a Monster 1200. I like the Diavel for many reasons. One is comfort compared to a Monster. It's very pleasant to ride. But my riding is almost all mountain twisties, and the additional length and front fork rake, while making it stable, isn't the best on tight turns like Mt. Baldy and Glendora Ridge Road near my home.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Thanks. Sadly nobody sells them in the U.S. in that size. I checked everywhere. Maybe they can be special ordered. I'm not super impressed with the Rosso II. The turn-in isn't that great. Of course I'm comparing it to my Panigale 1199 and Hyperstrada. Is the Rosso III much better?
Pirelli inventory is an issue in Canada also. I actually bought a front Rosso 3 in the spring, just in case, which I recently had installed a couple of weeks ago.
Q: Is the Rosso III much better?
A: My answer is relative to the Supercorsa's which were OEM's on the Monster 1200R.

For grip on dry/clean asphalt?...Not even close. I felt a wiggle a few times when near the edge with the Rosso 3's. That never happened with the SC's. Notwithstanding, I can still go to the edge but I have to pay more attention to how I'm going to react if need be. They're not as reassuring as the SC's.
However, I shaved the Supercorsa in less than 3000km. Each time I pulled the front wheel off the ground, I removed a patch of rubber the size of a silver dollar. BTW, that's why I bought the Monster. Consequently, I went straight to Rosso 3's for durability bypassing the Rosso Corsa's in the middle. The second reason is that the R3's are better than SC's for spring and fall riding. Much better in the wet also.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I've got a m821 and I hit the wear bar in 2k miles on the Rosso3's...I eaked out 4k miles on an set of s21's but the tire didn't grip...I spun up the rear so much I had to get my dash unit resync-ed ... however; the Power RS is hands down amazing...but it's not perfect...the softer compound on the side needs really low pressure to get into it's operating temp or it just begins to melt away....but the level of grip is like nothing I've tried before...if your looking to get aggressive the side compound is all carbon black so it's horrible in the wet ...but in the dry it's amazing...I've done a track day and gone 2k miles and I just hit the first wear line...they're wearing nice and slow...I've read it's not as fast as a Rosso Corsa but it will outlive any Pirelli sport tire by miles

2k miles of wear

Tire prone to melting

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I'm not a fan of Michelin, period, i don't like their lack of feel but that's just me.

Th Rosso III is available for the Diavel now but i really like the Pirelli Rosso Corsa front, it's now the Rosso Corsa II, whether that's with the Rosso II or III, doesn't matter, the grip and feel from the front really makes the bike so much better, whatever is available for the rear will do. try it, i guarantee you will love it, and really, you should replace them in pairs and my bike wears the Corsa front about the same as the rear so that's perfect, i run 36Psi in the front and 40Psi in the rear.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I’m not a huge fan of Michelin tires either - can’t stand the PP3’s I had on my Diavel before but, I really like the RS’s I have on it now. Predictable handling, amazing grip, nice turn-in and front end feel. Only have about 2,000 miles on them so far but they seem to be wearing nice and evenly.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I want to make it handle as good as I can and if it doesn't get to where I want it I may get a Monster 1200. I like the Diavel for many reasons. One is comfort compared to a Monster. It's very pleasant to ride. But my riding is almost all mountain twisties, and the additional length and front fork rake, while making it stable, isn't the best on tight turns like Mt. Baldy and Glendora Ridge Road near my home.
The best mod I did for my Diavel was BST carbon fiber wheels. It completely changed the turn-in. It now tips in like a smaller bike. They aren't cheap, but the un-sprung weight difference made a huge difference.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts