Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are peoples experiece with Power one on the front and rear or Power one on the front and power race on the rear? Both options in B compound.

I have a 2006 999 and put about 1000 on the track in a season. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
I have power one competitions B front and rear. These are the ones that you can only buy from track suppliers like Mize Mobile and are different from the street versions. Keepup on the WERA site recommended them to be because he said that they are the best grippers that he's had AND they lasted him the longest (Yam 600).

My experience on track days at Atlanta and CMP are that they have wonderful grip on my 999. I had little wear at Atlanta but much more at CMP and I'm told that CMP has a tire eater surface. My front is still looking good but my back needs to be flipped because CMP has many right handers. The liter bikes will eat 'em quicker.

The dual comp is the greatest invention. My rear doesn't even look worn in the middle, only getting flat where the gas is on coming out of the turns. I cannot imagine a tire having more grip, but I've only been on the track this year and I'm not fast. I don't think I'd ever go back to P.Powers unless it was dual comp and for the street only. I cannot imagine riding hard enough on the street to overextend PPs.:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts