Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience with the new Michelin Power 5 tires...can't find any reviews on this tire.

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
10,368 Posts
Tire reviews! Ha! Don't get me started.

I am really digging my new Bridgestone S22, though. Nice.

·
Premium Member
5,445 Posts
I just installed a set and they are .. different.

Very soft, I think they gave them deep tread to make them last. If you are used to a Power RS these have even softer sidewalls. Easy to mount with no tools.

I will have to wait for testing as it will be June before I get on the track at this rate, snow tonight.

·
Sophomore Member
3,192 Posts
These tires haven’t been on the market long. I think it’s going to be a little bit before you get reviews.

·
Premium Member
5,445 Posts
second set arrived today. They look like Michelin was trying to keep the look of a DOT race but have it be better in the wet by making larger voids. I am not a fan of the look as they are looking more like a all terrain truck tire but if they work well ....

crazy soft sidewalls on the rear.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These tires haven’t been on the market long. I think it’s going to be a little bit before you get reviews.
I think they were released in November last year...

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Michelin is hyping the look of the tire along with wet weather handling...
I am not a fan of the look...
Michelin is hyping the look of the tire, which I'm not a fan of either...if I can't find a review soon, I'll probably opt for set of Q3+s.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
It does look funky but if the center wears well it could be a good sport touring tire. Good wet weather performance with all the grooves and big slick area on the edges for the mountains. Ugly but interesting looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My gripe with them is that they are designed for more than 60 degrees of lean angle - I dont know about you guys but that is wasted on me.
lol...

·
19,081 Posts
Now ima gonna be honest about that lean angle shit. I have data that says I rarely ever get to 45 degrees. And I mean rarely.

But there was this one time in Arkansas, I was leading. It’s like the Ozark’s Dragon. This sign came up that had the arrow and suggested 20 mph. Now we all know those + 10 = sporty stuff. The next curve came up and no big deal, could a done 45 no problem. The next curve the same. That’s when we learned Arkansas posts those signs 3 or 4 turns in advance.

I go into this turn at 45 and immediately start shitting my pants. I’m off the gas coasting down in speed and it just keeps getting tighter and tighter. Pretty soon I’m in panic mode. I keep telling myself trust your tires, don’t go into the other lane. Trust your tires!

Then my toes start dragging. I actually pick my foot up off the peg and I can hear the peg folding and grinding. Then the tires, front and back both start sliding a little bit. All squiggly. Then I see the exit of the turn. Whew.

Then I start thinking about the guys behind me. I look in the mirrors and The Lumux is right behind me on his Multi doing the same. Then he starts flipping me off like I did it on purpose.

Moral of the story is it’s good to have something in reserve. :)

True story.

·
Bon Vivant
11,438 Posts
Before Mark Marquez we all had plenty of lean angle and plenty left over for that "oh shit" moment - I mean, Rossi wasnt complaining, now all the sudden everybody has to drag an elbow. Lets face it, these new tires are wasted on 98% of all of us and the only few expert racers who can use it are on race slicks anyway - not street tires, it's just hype like everything else in this stupid world these days.

·
19,081 Posts
Lol.

In two weeks we’ll see how big the chicken strips are. I’m shootings for less than 1”. :)

·
19,081 Posts
It's barely bigger than big bike front tires. :)

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
10,368 Posts
Ribbed Snickers for your pleasure? I have some kinks, but that ain't one of 'em.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Anyone have experience with the new Michelin Power 5 tires...can't find any reviews on this tire.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe> This guy has excellent reviews. I think the five is in this comparison.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts