Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These tyres are new to the market so it's probably a long shot, but, has anyone here had any experience with them?

I'm specifically interested in how you would rate the levels of traction compared to the Pilot Power 2ct, and perhaps even tyre life as well?

There seem to be a couple of different componds to choose from, but I'm only interested in the "standard" tyre and not one of the racing compounds.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
63 Posts
In that case, why not consider the Pilot Road 2CTs? they're still pretty sticky, have amazing tread life and don't do too badly wet or dry.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks Ptooey,

I'm currently running Pilot Power 2ct and am very happy with them. If the P1 can improve on their handling and still deliver similar mileage then I'd dure like to give them a go.

From the tread design on the P1 it does look like wet weather handling could be a major compromise though, so I'm keen to hear if anyone has any personal experience of them as yet.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I can tell you on the track in the wet they dont seem to do too well. In my limited tire enginerring experience, those little short recesses, although DOT legal, don't look like they get the water out of the way.

Also, my Power 1's I run on my racebike are stamped on the sidewall as 2ct's, the rear anyway which is a 180 "V" medium.

And, I know you specified you wanted street info and my answers are all race related, but, I did find the 120 "B" front had a signifigantly harder carcass than the 120 Power race's of last year, too the point I had to put more preload in the forks to keep from bottoming out coming off the front straight.

Just my experiences-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts