Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked for the correct forum to ask this, but I couldn't find one dedicated to track days. I've always used Michelins and was going to buy a set of the new PowerOne tires, but recently someone recommended the new Dunlop Q2 tires. Does anyone have experience with either or both of these tires? They will be for track days only, on a 1997 SS that is light (335 lbs. no fuel) and doesn't have tons of power (probably around 80-85 hp). Thanks for any recommendations (I'm not really interested in Pirellis or Continentals).
Joe

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've just changed to Mich Pilot Power 2CTs and the bike feels perfect now.
Changed it completely.
Sticky and positively planted.

Funny really as the same tyres on my 955 Daytona, the bike feels not as positive.

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
I haven't tried the Q2's yet, but Road Racing World did a write up on them, and they absolutely raved about them. They're WAY cheaper than the Power Ones, too...

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
Power Ones

For the Track I would use Power Race!! STT has the best deal on them and I've used them on my 99 900SS at the track and did not use warmers and found they work just great after a good warm up lap!!

2 CT are used at the track with people who use the bike on and off the track and the New Q 2 are in the same ballpark but cheaper in price! But Sportbiketracktime has the best deal on the PR and P1's..

I've also used Dunlop SportMax Q and have had a good feel with them on the track, 7 track days on one set before the front went but the back is still going strong! Harder compound.

Attachments

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
In the past Michelin tires were much heavier than Dunlop tires, but that's always subject to change. I'd request tire weights before buying. From my reading and emails the Bridgestone tires are the lightest. See the "Free Magnesium Wheels" thread in the Hall of Wisdom.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts