Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed the rear left hand turn indicator on the Mille S2 is broken. Not sure how that happened so now searching for replacements.

Any ideas where to look for a new/used housing Part no 0664 74 450?

Alternatively, anyone have success repairing plastic on something like this?

Thanks,
Herb...

Attachments

·
Registered
655 Posts
Hi Herb,

This bloke has the earlier style so maybe worth a message.
Looks like only an ebay trader, can't find an internet site.
The older style look great on a mille, but obviously not like the originals.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Hi Herb,

Your account won't allow you to receive private messages, so I can't reply to you. See if you can adjust your settings.

Colin

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Herb,

Your account won't allow you to receive private messages, so I can't reply to you. See if you can adjust your settings.

Colin
Colin, give it another try.
Herb...

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone. Looks like the rear signal indicators are impossible to find so am looking at many sources now for possible alternatives.

Cheers,
Herb...

·
Registered
655 Posts
Nothing is impossibel Herb

Looks like the part numbers are the same front and rear.

0659 03 400
Blinker vorne rechts

R.H. indicator front

z.B.: Mille HR/S2 / SL ´84 ->

0659 03 450
Blinker vorne links

L.H. indicator front

z.B.: Mille HR/S2 / SL ´84 ->

41.50 euro

here
Halfway down the page under the electrics tab.
You may need to be persistent Andy is always really busy, but he has them in stock.

Rossco :nerd:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He's out of stock on the rears but has the fronts (which are shorter). May need to go with these for the rears.

Thanks!!
Herb...

·
Premium Member
2004 998S FE, 2000 748B, 1986 750 F1
2,408 Posts
Noticed the rear left hand turn indicator on the Mille S2 is broken. Not sure how that happened so now searching for replacements.

Any ideas where to look for a new/used housing Part no 0664 74 450?

Alternatively, anyone have success repairing plastic on something like this?

Thanks,
Herb...
Hi

Part number superseded :confused: as they do. Stein Dinse seem to have what you are looking for https://www.stein-dinse.biz/Complet...cator-rear-MHR-900-1000-F1-rh-lh::153834.html

I have an F1 and the crappy plastic on the Indicators seems to crack all the time, we haven't tried glue yet, but it may come to that when we exhaust our box of spare Indicator parts. Have just looked in our Fridge and the next time I think of it we might try some Loctite 438 on it - is black and says can be used on plastics. Davy-J put us onto it - works like a treat. Is kept in the Fridge as it lasts longer :smile2: LOCTITE 438 - Toughened, fast, ethyl-based instant Adhesive - Loctite

Cheers

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, my indicators literally crumbled so gluing them isn't a practical option. I have an extra set of front indicators which I will re-purpose to the rear although they are slightly shorter. Better than nothing.

Apparently, the plastic is very poor with these indicators as some vendors have told me that NOS items disintegrate before installation.

Stein Dinse does not have stock yet but I am on the waiting list!

Cheers,
Herb...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thats true, if you find some NOS blinkers don't bother to put them on your bike, as the rubber/plastic on them becomes brittle with age. If you do use them you will most likely come out the next morning, or the next week if you are lucky and find them hanging by the wires.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
There are stacks of Chinese made indicators on eBay, probably best to find some that look similar to the originals and use those, as it seems that originals are going to fall to bits.

·
Registered
5,110 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I bought one for my 650SL a couple of weeks ago from Gowanloch Ducati http://ducati-gowanloch.com - after I banged into one on the 650SL which is still being restored - it hadn't been used in anger :mad:
The originals are really crap, and will collapse with the slightest bump so Gowanlochs list an alternative https://ducati-gowanloch.com/shop/electrical/ducati-mhr-pantah-indicator/

The originals are not listed on their shop, but they still have a couple on the shelf, at least they did when I was there in person the other day.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Unfortunately, those are the front indicators. My indicators are a bit longer seemingly impossible to find.

Herb...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've already been in touch with Wolfgang on this topic ... along with most shops around the world.

The consensus is that the rear indicators for the Mille S2/MHR used a very poor "rubber" composition that often crumbles upon the slightest stress. Some vendors have told me that NOS items - never removed from the box - were found decomposing.

I was fortunate to obtain 4 new front indicators and plan to use them on the rear of the bike, in place of the longer original items.

Herb...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Herb and all the others,

I have exactly the same issue on the rear turn indicators of my 1983 900MHR (electric start, so the last series of the 900, just before the Mille).
The plastic material really crumbles and breaks if you just about touch it.
I'm very interested in how Herb or others will (have) resolve(d) the issue on their bikes (S2, 900MHR of Mille MHR). I hope, Herb, you will post some pics afterwards.
Since replacing them with New Old Stock is not an option (they are already friable and as said above will fall apart within no time), since gluing is not an option (too friable and crumbly), we are left with two possibilities:
- using the front ones, albeit they are somewhat shorter (anybody tried it? Is it technically feasible?)
- using the alternative indicators (period look-a-like) that Gowanloch proposes.
- using the K&S 25-3105 as suggested hereabove.
Which is the easiest and best-looking of the three?

Luc

1 - 20 of 23 Posts