Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My question is for those of you who have ridden both the MHR 900 and the MHR Mille. I've only ever ridden the 900 although that will obviously change when I get home and finally get my hands on my 85 Mille.

I have heard that there are "issues" with the frame on the Mille and was hoping for some guidance. What differences are there between the Mille and 900 frames? How much different is the handling? Are there any reliable mods anyone can recommend? Does anyone know of anybody who has put the Mille motor in a 900 frame and if so, what was it like?

I have also been scouring the internet trying to find a copy of the Mille engine workshop manual with no success to date. The bike runs OK (according to my brother) but I want the workshop manual anyway. Any help on that would also be appreciated.

Cheers.

·
Registered
19 Posts

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Check in on the ST forum. There is a fellow named Mike who has a Mille and is quite knowleable about it.

Hi all,

My question is for those of you who have ridden both the MHR 900 and the MHR Mille. I've only ever ridden the 900 although that will obviously change when I get home and finally get my hands on my 85 Mille.

I have heard that there are "issues" with the frame on the Mille and was hoping for some guidance. What differences are there between the Mille and 900 frames? How much different is the handling? Are there any reliable mods anyone can recommend? Does anyone know of anybody who has put the Mille motor in a 900 frame and if so, what was it like?

I have also been scouring the internet trying to find a copy of the Mille engine workshop manual with no success to date. The bike runs OK (according to my brother) but I want the workshop manual anyway. Any help on that would also be appreciated.

Cheers.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Check in on the ST forum. There is a fellow named Mike who has a Mille and is quite knowleable about it.
I only know what I can glean from others. I do have a Mille but I have never ridden a 900 MHR or S2.

Falloon claims the earlier frames were superior but he bases that upon ONE Mille that he rode. I do not think it's wise to draw conclusions just from small samples. For example, my two 2002 ST4s's ride very differently even though they are the same model and year. Motorcycle handling is a very elusive subject.

On all the bevel twins it is important to properly torque the chassis/engine bolts. That means using a high pressure grease on the threads and faces of the nuts and keeping the frame to engine interface grease free.

Also, a properly setup suspension will reduce the loads on the chassis. IMO, adding springs that are stiffer than necessary is asking for trouble.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts