Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Whats wrong with the one in the link??? no one is making the for the hyper yet, you might look for some specific to a multistrada.
I think with a little work that bmw set up would be nice

·
You're gonna love my nuts...
1,658 Posts
Holey crap dood. Coming of a BMW 1200ADV and having those same boxes; I could not image them on a Hyper. They're extremely (and I mean EXTREMELY) wide.

You could fab some pannier frame using 18mm dia steel or aluminum OR checkout Touratech from some other ideas:

Touratech USA

Some generic racks

You can also go with soft pannier bags:

Ortlieb USA

And I know there's other brands out there. Check out the 'Equipment Section' on ADVRider for more info:

AdvRider Link

You can also browse the individual bike brand/model forums above such as GSpot and Orange Crush and search using 'pannier' or 'side case'.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
size wasn't really my concern, i was just curious if has been done or if anyone actually makes a hyper specific kit. the ducati touring gear is hidious, im looking for something more rugged

·
You're gonna love my nuts...
1,658 Posts
Hahaha; I can't disagree with you about those freakin tank-saddlebag monstrosities...

I could see going with smaller panniers like Brainfry suggested; maybe powdercoated black...that would give you some storage; lockable, sturdy and keep you looking good :D

From what I know (which isn't much...) there is no Hyper-specific pannier systems. But if you keep the stock rear subframe, as in not going with an aluminum rearend, you should be able to securely mount some pannier frames that are able to hold a substantial amount of cargo.

·
Registered
484 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Hypermotard 1100S
58 Posts
Endoz... what size and model is that Cortech tank bag? Looks great!
Thats just a Hyper I found on the net, I'm not 100% sure the saddle and tail bag are Cortech, just kinda assumed because of the tank bag. If they are, they would be the normal sized ones, I was looking at the "sport" version and they are noticeably smaller (but expandable) with a more aero top tail bag.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Here what I had in mind...

I have hyper with full system so I wanted to attach briefcase to the bike... without distorting its ability to filter... and enough storage for laptop (work) some documents etc... so I bought this case talked to local metal head... he offered to make the bracket to attach it to the subframe... in a perfect world it may have worked ... unfortunately with my luck I've been traveling alot and the guy been super busy couldn't quote mea price... so I didnt bother as I have Multi on order... I figured I'd forget it... but I've enclosed the pics if it helps... finding good metal guys are hard..
Pictures are of:

1. bag
2. attachement
3. Bike side... where I wanted to house to the subframe
4. example bike attachment.. (ok example only pic I could find)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
buy 2 peli cases that are almost indestructible and make a mount for them. lighter than metal and probably stronger. they are lockable and 100% waterproof. www.peli.com
Peli? Did Pelican rebrand or is this a different company? Funny how similar the logos look...

vs.

I did something like this on my Sportster. Mounted a Pelican case to a detachable luggage rack. I'd love to rig up something similar for the Hyper (especially since I'm selling the Sporty).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts