Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Ducati Riders

I found metal pieces (hard steel) in my oil today. One piece is 7/8"-15/16" in length and about 1/8" wide. The engine runs and the transmission shifts fine. Any valuable advise is highly appreciated. If someone knows what this stuff is or comes from please message me.

Question: Should I keep riding the bike?
Question: Would it have come from the transmission?

I appreciate it and thank you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do not believe it is copper. I would guess it is a hard metal, like a steel product. I tried to bend the long piece with my fingers and it didn't bend.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I decided to clean all the metal from the oil pan screen and after much research I removed the side cover case with the clutch fork. I purchased the tools to remove the side case and hold the large ring gear from the main shaft. I used the competitor tool, so I had to remove the kickstand. After getting access to the clutch fork, I replaced the $3 spring which took 7 weeks to ship to my door. I replaced the spring and buttoned up the motor and now it drives and shifts smoother. It took me lots of hours, since it was my first time with the Ducati, but very simple for an experience gear head. I wanted to take it to the dealer but with COVID 19, I just ended up doing it myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts