Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to replace my plastic GT headlight bucket with a metal one.
Anybody know what year monsters will fit?
Anybody got one to sell?
Or has anybody got the metal bucket or complete headlight of a sc1000?
Thanks.
Paul aka Grey Duck.

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
If you look at the part #'s, the bucket seems to have be the same for the SC and monsters, going all the way back to some of the original 90s ones. Strangely though, the actual part seems too have gone through several iterations (usually it's the opposite where the part is the same except for a minor cosmetic change but the # is different). Long story short, I think almost any Monster bucket should fit. I sourced an older one for my 2008 S1k, which also had a plastic one (I think they switched in 2007 across the board). It fits fine, but the stock one has an indentation on each side, whereas the Monster one is indented on one side and fully rounded on the other. It's not really noticeable when it's on, but it makes the space for the wiring behind the headlight somewhat tighter

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I used a '97 Monster bucket. Greggers correctly described the back, it's indented on only one side. The '97 bucket arrived with wiring, and it plugged right into the GT harness.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Be careful ordering a new one from the dealer. I think the part number for the plastic ones has superseded the metal. IE if you order one of ones from a 97 monster, you might get the same one you already have...also..the metal housed headlights have glass lenses too...

FLEbay is your friend...

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
You could try BMW suppliers too, as they're all BOSCH units, and Beemers have been using them for 40 years.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Check out dimecitycycles.com. Tons of good stuff with metal buckets and glass lenses for around $75.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I bought one from Harley dealer, it was made for buell
Same thing except for wiring. I forgot which one. I want to say lightning.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts