Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing the ritual oil change (every 3000klm's) but this time I had a go at getting the mesh filter out. I removed the oil temp wire and removed the plug (13/16th socket fits by the way)...and it was not fitted. yep it was not their.
the question is should it be their or have they decided not to install them now.
P.S it's a 07 GT1K and i have done 21000klms.
Nev

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Are you sayin gyou removed the cap and then inserted a deep 14mm hex wrench into the hole to unscrew the screen? the screen is pretty deep within the case behind the cap. It's a two part process.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep I removed the cap. and all I could see is a hole into the bottom end. I did not shine a tourch in their though. How deep is the 14mm hex head. I looked up the exploded diagram and it looks like the hex end should be directly behind the cap.
cheers
Nev

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
No, its in there a bit (about an inch perhaps). You should probably check it more often than every 12,000 miles. I clean it every other oil change.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I check mine every oil change. I mean, you're already right there, making a big mess, getting oil everywhere...my curiosity gets the better of me. :) It's only two more fasteners.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I toke it to the local dealer this morning for timeing belts etc. and I mentioned the mesh filter to the serviceman.He said that he has seen a few that was not installed from factory.. He will let me know tomorrow. In turn i will let you blokes know as well.
thanks anyway
Nev
P.S my bike is out of warrenty. Do you think it should be covered. Also they have done all the servicing since new (now 24000klms) should they have picked this up?

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
I toke it to the local dealer this morning for timeing belts etc. and I mentioned the mesh filter to the serviceman.He said that he has seen a few that was not installed from factory.. He will let me know tomorrow. In turn i will let you blokes know as well.
thanks anyway
Nev
P.S my bike is out of warrenty. Do you think it should be covered. Also they have done all the servicing since new (now 24000klms) should they have picked this up?
Of course they should have.

I pretty much give up on bike shops now mine is out of warranty.
There seems to be a huge difference between the work they charge for and the work they actually do..

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Well, either the filter is in there and you have missed it, or it isn't and the bike shop has never bothered to check and clean it. If the latter, then they have been ripping you off!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well i got the bike back today and NOW it has a mesh filter in it. No charge:think: And I will be checking/doing the oil changes etc my self from now on. The only thing i am reluctant to do is the shims and throttle adjustments. is their a youtube vidio on the subject.
Nev

1 - 10 of 10 Posts