Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

MelcoDiag zapped my UpMAp and Desmo Reset

5K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  enduranceracing 
#1 ·
Good Afternoon,

After several years of use on different bikes and JP-Versions I need help and or to warn others.

Do not use MelcoDiag on the 2013-2014 MTS with the Upmap installed. The program has a warning not to do it now but I guess I was an unlucky early adopter when I performed my 30K service.

As it stands now, the Desmo Wrench can not be cleared and my UpMap is not active nor will the bike accept the UpMap key process. I had been putting it off taking it to the dealer for awhile but finally made my way in to find they could not clear the wrench, and confirmed UpMap is gone and they couldn't fix it.

If anyone has any Ideas I'm all ears, otherwise I try another dealer.

t_bare

#3 ·
I've had issues logging in and currently I can't even connect with his site.

t_bare

#5 ·
Two dealers have not been able to clear the Desmo Service reminder nor do anything but confirm the UpMap is not active. Ducati Mothership says there must be something wrong with the Dash and they won't even speak of the UpMap without 4 waivers and photographic proof the this a non-registered, off-road, closed course, race bike. It is nuts.

t_bare

#6 ·
The local Ducati dealership tried to fix these issues with the help of Ducati Italy and they couldn't or wouldn't but they said they tried. They had my bike for a month after I waited 2 weeks for an apointment.

t_bare

#7 ·
Bummer. I'd be pretty unhappy with that. Maybe re-flash the ECU and reinstall the UpMap? That can work on some tuned cars, no idea if it would work on a Ducati.

#9 ·
I inquired about this before because I had my ECU flashed by Rexxer in Virginia. People here and on the JPdiag forum told me there is nothing to worry about because Melcodiag can't erase my tune. Apparently, it can only undo the OEM Upmap that you get when you buy the Termignoni full system because it's not a true flash, it's a piggyback that you install with the upmap dongle or whatever it's called.

Is this correct?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.