Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Afternoon,

After several years of use on different bikes and JP-Versions I need help and or to warn others.

Do not use MelcoDiag on the 2013-2014 MTS with the Upmap installed. The program has a warning not to do it now but I guess I was an unlucky early adopter when I performed my 30K service.

As it stands now, the Desmo Wrench can not be cleared and my UpMap is not active nor will the bike accept the UpMap key process. I had been putting it off taking it to the dealer for awhile but finally made my way in to find they could not clear the wrench, and confirmed UpMap is gone and they couldn't fix it.

If anyone has any Ideas I'm all ears, otherwise I try another dealer.

t_bare

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a serious bummer. Have you tried posting on the jpdiag forum? The author is usually pretty good about responding.
I've had issues logging in and currently I can't even connect with his site.

t_bare

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Two dealers have not been able to clear the Desmo Service reminder nor do anything but confirm the UpMap is not active. Ducati Mothership says there must be something wrong with the Dash and they won't even speak of the UpMap without 4 waivers and photographic proof the this a non-registered, off-road, closed course, race bike. It is nuts.

t_bare

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The local Ducati dealership tried to fix these issues with the help of Ducati Italy and they couldn't or wouldn't but they said they tried. They had my bike for a month after I waited 2 weeks for an apointment.

t_bare

·
Registered
387 Posts
Bummer. I'd be pretty unhappy with that. Maybe re-flash the ECU and reinstall the UpMap? That can work on some tuned cars, no idea if it would work on a Ducati.

·
Registered
2011 Multistrada S Touring, 2000 Monster 900 S
302 Posts
I don't mean to thread-jack, but is anyone aware of MelcoDiag wiping a tuneboy flash? I bought all the hardware/cables to reset my desmo/service light, but don't want to risk it wiping my tuneboy tune and cruise.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I don't mean to thread-jack, but is anyone aware of MelcoDiag wiping a tuneboy flash? I bought all the hardware/cables to reset my desmo/service light, but don't want to risk it wiping my tuneboy tune and cruise.
I inquired about this before because I had my ECU flashed by Rexxer in Virginia. People here and on the JPdiag forum told me there is nothing to worry about because Melcodiag can't erase my tune. Apparently, it can only undo the OEM Upmap that you get when you buy the Termignoni full system because it's not a true flash, it's a piggyback that you install with the upmap dongle or whatever it's called.

Is this correct?

·
Registered
302 Posts
I inquired about this before because I had my ECU flashed by Rexxer in Virginia. People here and on the JPdiag forum told me there is nothing to worry about because Melcodiag can't erase my tune. Apparently, it can only undo the OEM Upmap that you get when you buy the Termignoni full system because it's not a true flash, it's a piggyback that you install with the upmap dongle or whatever it's called.

Is this correct?
Thank you, that's the same impression I was under, just wanted to make sure I wasn't the guinea pig trying it out.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thank you, that's the same impression I was under, just wanted to make sure I wasn't the guinea pig trying it out.
I don't know for sure and I haven't tried it yet because I can't get Melcodiag to recognize my license file. The reset buttons are still greyed out and unclickable for me. I also can't get my bike to stay powered on long enough either!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
I don't know for sure and I haven't tried it yet because I can't get Melcodiag to recognize my license file. The reset buttons are still greyed out and unclickable for me. I also can't get my bike to stay powered on long enough either!!
I saw your post about that, yeah. I may or may not be having similar issues, though my bike is so far torn apart at the moment I can't really confirm. I followed the steps to get a MelcoDiag license, but I think the dongle connected to my bike, but the VIN didn't read out. Therefore the "request" that was sent for the license file might not have been generated correctly? I got the license file back, dropped it where I should, and the app connected to the bike again. The desmo reset I tried didn't do anything, so maybe the button was indeed greyed out. I should know in about a week once the bike is all back together, I can try again and/or request another license.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I saw your post about that, yeah. I may or may not be having similar issues....
I was able to reset the oil change and valve adjustment service reminders just by taking the battery out. They're gone! I am pretty sure I bumped the positive cable to ground and that discharged the memory so try that. All I had to do was reset the clock, turn traction control back on and then switch the units from Europe to U.S. figures. My suspension settings stayed saved but the display was back on full bright so I had to set it to the most dim like I had it.

Once the reminders pop up again and I have gone past the service mileage, I will just do this battery trick again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts