Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I was poking around and stumbled across this MelcoDiag software that appears to allow me to manage some functions on my ECU for my still new-to-me Multistrada. Is anyone else here utilizing this software? It looks very useful - just curious about any feedback, and I don't see a whole lot on this forum about it.

Also - I've tried the email JP process to register my ECU in the software, but have not received any response yet. I even PM'd him directly for his forum, and still nothing... Anyone else run into this? I realize everyone gets busy - but it's been over a week. I won't be able to do much with the software if I can't get a license...

Thanks in advance!
Theo

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I got a response from his personal gmail from the mail JPDiag website - jpdiag

Here's to happy ECU Management!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Just curious what model bike? What model elm327, and cables? I am considering getting connected also. Thanks

·
Registered
934 Posts
^^^^^+1
Read and reset error codes. No service reset yet.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Thanks for the info posted here. Do you have to connect to the bike before requesting a license? I got an error about not having a com port setup. When I press the blue button to "get license", nothing gets put on the clipboard to paste to the website to request a license. I don't have a cable yet.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Of course you need to be connected otherwise how do you wish to pull the ecu serial number? By magical telepathy?

·
Registered
588 Posts
I bought my Multi from a mulit-brand (pun?) dealership. The dealer didn't know the PIN and had no way to track it down, so I used Melco to reset it. I've been using JPDiag on my ST3s for years and only had to buy a new cable to connect to the bike. I was able to reuse the other cable for connection to my computer.

·
Registered
566 Posts
How am I supposed to know that happens when you push the "Get License" button? By magical telepathy? What's with the attitude?
There's a decent step-by-step here. It's specific to SBK, but pretty much the same for the MTS. Not the most intuitive piece of software and support is a bit spotty, but the price is right! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts