Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

mechanical worries

1386 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  BimotaDB4
i do all the work on my bike. i do everything to spec, but nevertheless worry about all work i've done...748. 1200miles since valve adjustment. by is 18k miles old.

1) my horizontal cylender exhaust lets off a chimney effect of smoke once the bike stops running, not much, just a thin stream. its grey, not blue or black. i wouldn't care to much but the other silencer doesn't do the same thing. i have a bad feeling about this one. anyone know anything about this?

2) i always wear earplugs when i ride. tonight i didn't and i noticed a sound similar to the fuelpump priming when ignition is on, but a much quieter whiring. is that normal?

3) i put in the FIM for my Termis, my gas mileage is about half to 4/7 what it was. is that normal? could that be related to the exhaust smoke?

4)lastly, is there a remedy, other than buying a new one, to fixing a runny oil filter?

the bike runs just fine...but i'd like to prevent it from running bad. help please, or don't and give me an excuse to by the 853 or 855 kit
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
TBH, It could just be you being paranoid, Ive serveced a few of my old bike and had exactly the same thoughts as you, and I thought I kept hearing little noises and etc, but really there was nothing to worry about..

I am actually doing the exact same thing now with my new 749, Im not used to these dry clutch sounds.. they also worried me.

This may not have helped, but its just my 2 pennies :)

· Registered
22 Posts
Gforce said:
I worry more when someone I don't know or know there level of skill or pride tinkers on my STUFF!!
Very good point, Worries me more everytime I read threads like the one in the "discussion" forum, about the Kid at the dealer not filling the 999R radiator. :mad:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.