Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be moving to Austin with a fully disassembled motor that needs to be rebuilt - the motor is far from stock. I am looking for a well respected, local "Ducati guru" who knows their 2Vs, and operates out of an independent shop (no dealerships). If they're outside of Austin, that is okay too.

Cheers.

·
Registered
5,895 Posts
I think you’re going to need to talk to the local riders and racers and find out what is going on in your new neighborhood. Take a ride around to the independent shops in the area and see what’s what. The dealer may not want anything to do with your built up motor anyway, but they may know who will.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey duc96cr,

Those are good ideas, thanks. I posted on the Austin DOC FB page early today in hopes of receiving local feedback. I'll contact the dealer too, and when I arrive in Austin, I will definitely speak more to the local Ducati crowd.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I've no personal experience with service or repair work with the shop but Micah, Ed and the guys at AF-1 Racing would be a good place to start. They're in Austin and New Braunfels.

They're primarily an Aprilia dealership but they're good folks and could point you in the right direction if they couldn't do the work.

Also, AF-1 is the home of the Aprilia Forum which has a Ducati section. You might try lurking there and see what the members there have to recommend too......sean

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've no personal experience with service or repair work with the shop but Micah, Ed and the guys at AF-1 Racing would be a good place to start. They're in Austin and New Braunfels.

They're primarily an Aprilia dealership but they're good folks and could point you in the right direction if they couldn't do the work.

Also, AF-1 is the home of the Aprilia Forum which has a Ducati section. You might try lurking there and see what the members there have to recommend too......sean
I just called them. Micah and Ed are out at a racing event, but I emailed Micah. I'm interested to hear his recommendation.

Thanks Iwannaduc!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts