Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Thanks for the link. Good read.

They seem to like the skyhook. For me.. Since I ride almost always in the sports mode, and 98% without a passenger..

Their advice.. I should stick with my 2010-12. "Because they are (still) that good."

Webby

·
Registered
388 Posts
Article is from the UK where "Duke" is a common name for Ducati's. Overall, good write up and comparison and since I never have a passenger convinces me to stay with my 2010 Sport....for now.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Nice article thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Thanks for sharing, good read. I'll stick with my '10 S, It's paid for.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Yep.. thanks for that..

Good read. I'm good with my 2011 S Touring. I ride mostly sport/touring one up so I'm good. Plus I'm partial to the black version. Very rare..:D

·
Registered
602 Posts
Burnt Meat

Good read. I'm good with my 2011 S Touring. I ride mostly sport/touring one up so I'm good. Plus I'm partial to the black version. Very rare..:D
While the black is well done..... I am thinking that Red is more indicative of very rare:rolleyes:

Wonder what the testers would have reported if the S-model was equipped with 8.0 springs front and 100nm rear????

·
One Down, 8 to Go
159 Posts
Agree - good read and well done. I am not looking to trade my '12 PP just yet. It is so well sorted for me that I was really curious how skyhook would compare. I am just so used to Ohlins - on all my bikes. I was glad to see that it is even up in sport mode and hard riding. We'll see what they come up with in 2014 :).

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Agree - good read and well done. I am not looking to trade my '12 PP just yet. It is so well sorted for me that I was really curious how skyhook would compare. I am just so used to Ohlins - on all my bikes. I was glad to see that it is even up in sport mode and hard riding. We'll see what they come up with in 2014 :).
Full colour TFT dash would be a start and maybe brake upgrade option; M4's on the front....

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
2012 vs 2013 Multi Article

Thanks for providing the link to this article I have a friend that is really interested in the 2013 Model. I have a 2011 but have only owned it less than 9 months but I absolutely love this bike. I probably am in that demographic of what Ducati was looking for when this bike was designed. All my bikes before this were either sport bikes (or a race bikes) and to having motorcycle like this which has the performance along with comfort and the ability to haul bags on it is pretty great to me. I don’t ride two up, and I am either in Sport or Touring 90% of the time and use occasional Urban mode (more for power mode than suspension reasons) but I have never used the Enduro mode. More of a pavement guy at this point of my life.

·
All weather biker
965 Posts
Thanks for providing the link to this article I have a friend that is really interested in the 2013 Model. I have a 2011 but have only owned it less than 9 months but I absolutely love this bike. I probably am in that demographic of what Ducati was looking for when this bike was designed. All my bikes before this were either sport bikes (or a race bikes) and to having motorcycle like this which has the performance along with comfort and the ability to haul bags on it is pretty great to me. I don’t ride two up, and I am either in Sport or Touring 90% of the time and use occasional Urban mode (more for power mode than suspension reasons) but I have never used the Enduro mode. More of a pavement guy at this point of my life.
My plan would be to customise the "Enduro" mode as more of a rain mode (i.e. set it like "Urban" but add even more DTC intervention and make urban a little sportier perhaps.

·
AARP Reject
2,921 Posts
Bare mentions of the other changes, which I think a current owner either might be more sensitive to, or were not significant enough to warrant more than minor discussion. To be fair, it looks like their main focus was on the suspension changes, but I'm not surprised (or displeased) that they liked the new systems.

My bike has uprated springs. I wonder if that would even the score a bit when riding two up, since I felt they were barely adequate to my avoir dupois as delivered. Based on the reports, I'll stick with my '12S for now, but no doubt new owners will be well served by the improvements. Durability will be a key virtue that we'll only know about down the road.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Nice article. There is no doubt on my mind, my next bike will be another Multistrada. Especially now after 2/3 years since it's on the market, it just gets better and better.

If I can do it, I'm aiming for a new one by the end of the year. I drive quite a lot, now have about 23k km's on my 2011 Touring, and that will probably be doubled by the end of the year. So maybe a good idea to trade it in for a new one. I'm wondering what the colors for 2014 will be :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts