Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any firsthand experience with this shop? I'm looking for a place to service my '06 999R and I've previously heard good things about MCC.

Need to do regular 600 mile service and I'd like to get the half pipe & ecu installed at the same time as well as set the sag. I assume MCC will be a good choice to help me with all of this and their prices are fair. Would like a confirmation from someone local who's actually had bike worked on by them.

thanks,
drew

·
Registered
85 Posts
I had my ST2 serviced there one time on the strength of many local recommendations. Very pleased. No problems. One thing I wish I'd known while I waited three hours is that they have a warehouse next door with fifty new bikes on display.

·
Registered
409 Posts
MCC the good and the bad

I have had them work on my 748 several times. Everytime with good luck and decent service. I still go there in fact.

I had my 600 mile and 6000 mile service there and tires. But only service, never setups or upgrades since I do stuff myself.

That was my good story...

A friend took his Triumph Daytona there for a new tire and they royally screwed him on a long trip. Somehow they cross threaded some mount nut for his rear wheel. This had to be fixed in California where he drove on his bike!

Anyway, I still go there so it means something.

Mike

·
Registered
392 Posts
Been going there for four years, bought and serviced three bikes, never a complaint. I give them my highest recommendation.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Those are the guys that did all the service on my bike, including 853 install. Not while it was in my hands, but I can say my bike runs like a clock at 9200mi. The previous owner was apparently friends with the guys over there.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Matt748 said:
Those are the guys that did all the service on my bike, including 853 install. Not while it was in my hands, but I can say my bike runs like a clock at 9200mi. The previous owner was apparently friends with the guys over there.
From Rockford I see? I don't remember ever seeing a 748 around here besides a friend of mines. You ride much?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hey sorry it took me so long to reply, I don't scroll down to regional much. No not too much yet, I don't even have a license yet actually (working on it presently), so I stay within a certain distance of 'home base'. I really wanted to do everything legit but holy crap that test would be hard to pass on my bike. I'm working with another guy, practicing on a Hondamatic to pass the test. I don't have a problem with the manual part but damn, you have to be able to make tight, slow turns, which just isn't what this bike was built for.. I'll take any advice on passing the test around here though, if you have it. Thankfully my dad bought a bike so we've been riding around a bit together, but he also just got a girlfriend so I find myself on my own more and more=).

·
Registered
22 Posts
I see, well I don't know what to tell you about the test except take it on a bike that's easy to do it with. I actually went to a harley dealership where a friend of mine works and borrowed a bike from them , some little 250. And it was easy. Let me know when you go out riding sometime. Hopefully my bike will be working soon.

·
Registered
153 Posts
What's wrong with your bike??
I've just been putting off going and getting the license. I knew I'd do it once I just started taking it out...sigh. Yeah I've got a guy (can't remember if I said this) who's gonna let me use his bike. Let's just say I realize now why everyone says don't start with a rocket/superbike, man are sit-up bikes easy to steer!!?! After 5 minutes I was like - sheesh, bet I could ride this with no hands!

·
Registered
97 Posts
When I took my test, I failed it the first time around. After that, I decided to go back to the site and practice with my SuperSport. with about three days of practice at 1 to1-1/2 hrs. of practice each day, I was able to breeze through it. received a 100%. Just use steady speeds around the cones when doing the slalom. I remember using the hell outta my clutch, as the slalom was slightly uphill.

Practice, Practice, Practice ;)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Try it again using the rear brake instead of the clutch. I think you'll find it works a lot better. Heads up for anyone else reading this post about to take a similar test.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've had plenty of first hand experience w/ MCC. They're awesome. I used to live in the area but have since moved to Bloomington, IN. I still make the 4 hr drive to have them work on my 749R/999/KTM SMR/Husky SM610 whenever they need something done. When it comes to buying bikes or having them serviced, its MCC all the way. I have yet to find a better shop.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts