Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

May BOTM

6K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  Viper13 
#1 · (Edited)
Welcome to the May Bike of the Month Competition!

Wheel Tire Sky Water Fuel tank

Congrats to our April winner , @Chuggy

Please follow all instructions posted below

1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your vehicle, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.

* These are optional but encouraged

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here. Gallery

See less See more
#2 ·
Monsters are renowned for customization, thus you don't see many modified and still looking as stock as my matte-black 2000 900S i.e. -the latter letters signifying iniezione elettronica, meaning fuel-injected, which was still pretty novel at the turn of the century. My Monster is a sleeper, however, as through the magic of eBay and lots of spare time over a favorite couple of winters I stripped it to the frame and systematically upgraded most everything, from tip to tail it has:
Forks off a 749 super bike
Tapered bars with 916/custom bits attached
DeTabbed and powder coated frame
Custom pod filters/battery box, coils and other go fast bits
Rear sets with passenger pegs holding up Remus/Duc performance cans
Corbin saddle above the ohlins springing the aluminum swing arm and finally a LED integrated tail tidy.

Of course 20 years and 30,000 miles have seen one or two low speed dumps or tips but otherwise it’s been a reliable daily driver (until the recent inclusion of the newer duc in the garage.)

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive fuel system Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

#3 ·
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Motorcycle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Vehicle Land vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Motorcycle

These 999 are really coming into their own. The styling has aged VERY well. Relatively conformable, plenty of useable power/performance for the road and modern reliability. Great package.
Full exhaust sounds amazing and really the only departure from stock that is needed with these.
R turns everything up a bit. All the little details in the carbon work are fun to look at.

This era came out when I was still in school. I remember riding down to my local Ducati dealer on my BMX bike to check out the new arrivals. Never thought I would have one of the top tier models back then.

#4 ·
Meet Nearco, my 2020 V4R.
  1. Modifications: all done by the previous owner.
    1. Complete Akra exhaust w/ Upmap
    2. CF levers
    3. Tile Tidy
    4. Tank grips and protector
    5. Clutch Cover Protector
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Motorcycle Automotive lighting

Named after one of the greatest Italian racehorses of all time, and great grand-daddy to arguably the greatest racehorse of all time (Secretariat).

Tire Wheel Motorcycle Fuel tank Automotive lighting

Per "American Classic Pedigrees": "Nearco possessed nearly flawless conformation. He had a blistering turn of foot on the race course. He had a dominant, fiery disposition and considerable intelligence." Yep.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting

We're going to have a good time. He needs a bath, and to stretch his legs once the weather warms up.

#6 · (Edited)
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Motorcycle

This is my baby, my 06 sport classic 1000. Obsessed about this bike ever since I first saw it in Tron (like so many others).. have added many modifications over the years..

Corse dynamics twin valve intake kit
Power Commander II
Ducati performance ECU
Zard full titanium exhaust
Custom anodized Alpina wheels
Bitubo rear mono shock
Bitubo superbike front fork drop in cartridges
Rizoma reservoirs, grips.
Woodcraft rearsets
Speedymoto frame sliders
Speedymoto timing belt covers
Fleda tail tidy

I think that's everything..

This bike always picks me up when I'm feeling down, I've struggled with depression my whole adult life. I've come close to having to sell it several times due to personal issues or financial issues or injuries.. but somehow have always managed to hold onto it.

Every time I open my garage and see her staring at me it makes me smile.
Tire Wheel Cloud Sky Plant

Cloud Tire Sky Water Vehicle

#7 ·
2005 Ducati Monster 620ie

Modifications:

Ohlins Suspension (fork and shock [with remote])
Brembo Bits (Forged Calipers [front] and Hand Controls)
BrakeTech Rotors (Axis SB floaters front)
Marchesini Wheels (forged) / 160 Rear
Termignoni Exhaust (High Mount) and K&N Air Intake
DynoJet Power Commander
Handlebar to Clip-On conversion
Cycle Cat Top Triple and Rear-sets
Carbon Fiber Bits (belt covers, rear fender, ignitions cover, dash trim)
Cowling (Headlight, Belly, and Tail)
Braided SS Lines
Corbin Seat
Tidy Tail
Stripes (good for a solid +0.001 HP)

Favorite Aspect:
‘Just like it for what it ‘is’: a dialed in, well-suspended, air-cooled lump, that’s reasonably eager for a 620cc 2-valve L-Twin configuration… and, it stops like it’s hitting a brick wall.

Fuel tank Tire Wheel Automotive fuel system Automotive tail & brake light

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Motorcycle
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tread

#8 ·
Hello everyone. There's been several posts deleted in this BotM thread. This contest has rules that can be found in the first post of each month's thread. Please review them before posting. Thanks.

#9 · (Edited)
October 1981 SL500 Pantah, factory special order (so I'm told) Black, Red/Blue stripes. Used as a dealer race bike in 1982. F1 type clipons, Velocity stacks, extended screen, 13/36 sprockets, race setup front and rear shocks, race brake pads, 2 to 1 exhaust, Pipe Masters exhaust. Got this from a deceased estate, been sitting in a shed for about 6 years. Not going to fully restore it, getting running, roadworthy and ride it.
Currently a bit cleaner than the photos and about half a kilo lighter after the removal of all the crap.
Not as pretty as the other bikes here, but will be in the near future.
Best thing about it, I could not afford one in 1980's and now at 63 years old have finally got one, and even my dog likes it, and comes and sits with me when I work on it.
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle
Speedometer Odometer Motor vehicle Gauge Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.