Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

May BOTM

9K views 28 replies 25 participants last post by  admin 
#1 · (Edited)
Welcome to the May Bike of the Month Competition!

April ROTM Winner: @tonered

Please follow all instructions posted below

1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The bike must be yours. Bikes waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your bike, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your bike*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second bike that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.

* These are optional but encouraged

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here. Gallery

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the May Bike of the Month Competition!

April ROTM Winner: @tonered

Please follow all instructions posted below

1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The bike must be yours. Bikes waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your bike, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your bike*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second bike that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.

* These are optional but encouraged

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here. Gallery
Thanks!

:eek:

🍻

Have a good one!

#3 ·
This is my 2006 ST3.
It has DP exhaust, ecu, and air box.
Over the winter I reinforced all the fairing with carbon fiber to fix/prevent cracks.
New paint with decals matching the Oz rims. I sent some parts out for powder coating, levers, foot rests, etc.
Engine was stripped and repainted, and I installed Samco hoses.
Windscreen was showing its age so I overlayed it with carbon fiber.
I've owned this bike for less than a year, so the best time I've had with it has been the restoration.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Fuel tank Tire

This post has been deleted
#5 ·
#6 ·
Here is my 2012 Evo Monster:
-Sato rearsets
-Speedymoto sliders
-Rizoma mirrrors, barends, grips, signals, bars
-CRG RC2 levers
-Evotech tidytail, exhaust hangar
-Termi exhaust w/ DP ecu, QD midpipe w/flap eliminator and O2 sensor delete
-GP front carts with rear Nitron R3 shock
-Brembo GP4-RX front calipers
-OZ Gass wheels w/ Power GP's

Have always wondered about Monsters, and after years of thinking about it I finally got one. And yes, I understand them now!

#7 ·
A look at my 2011 Multi 1200s
Modifications:
-Lower factory seat
-Flashed electronic cruise using the heated grip button
-Rear seat back rest and rack

After owning a 916, 996, ST4s and now the 1200s, it is clear that Ducati ownership is a permanent part of my life. My most recent ride is this 2011 1200s with a little over 50K miles. Living here in the mountains of CO, it has seen lots of adventures both on and off road. Most memorable was clipping the rear of a moose while carving a canyon on an early fall morning just outside of Golden CO. While both of us were rather startled, neither suffered any damage and both managed to stay upright.

Safe ridding!

#8 · (Edited)
My 998R

Modifications are mostly minor:
Brembo RCS Brake/Clutch with associated Ladybird style reservoir mounts
Woodcraft Clipons since I can never make the Brembos fit on the stock bars
STM Wire Clutch Cover
Carbon Heelguards
Ducati Performance Air Runners
Corsa Garage Seat Unit; the bike originally only came with the race style tail with no light cutouts so I have that part tucked away in my office and had a new carbon tail painted to match OEM

It's been a great bike, I returned a lot of modifications to stock, refinished a number of the carbon pieces and rehabbed some drop damage from the original owner. It's had a fairly unusual history; it was originally purchased by an unknown person and then around the 2012-ish time frame was seized by the IRS and sold at auction to the second owner (possibly? Maybe more prior to seizure). As it turned out the second owner is the brother a fellow I've worked for in the past and when he found out I was looking at getting a 996R or 998R around 2018 he got me in contact with his brother who offered me a deal I couldn't refuse. Drove over that weekend and picked up the bike and have been loving it ever since. It's rolled over 20k miles since then and I've been out to COTA with it for the 2019 MotoGP race. It was a great time at Ducati Island and cool seeing a few other 916-era bikes out there too.

Any ride on it feels pretty special knowing that it's basically a rolling museum piece to the 916 era superbikes. I'm just trying to keep it in good shape and be a good custodian of it. Hopefully it'll be staying with me for a long, long time.

#9 ·
Ducati 900 SSie Cafe project.
De lugged cut and welded frame.
600ss 2:1 header
It's a work in progress
Special fabric exhaust hanger...
Welding is a bit industrial in places.
but... it is super light
Mivv Exhaust

#10 ·
Here is my 1991 907ie, she is mainly stock with a few small additions these include, -Corbin Saddle ( I have the original in perfect condition), Cobra silencers ( I have the originals in perfect condition) Spiegler Brake lines & clutch line, The complete exhaust system has been ceramic coated. I have owned this bike for about 10 years and as you see from the mileage (which is correct ) I don't ride her much -I have been trying to keep the mileage down but have finally decided to hell with that It was built to ride so I have started riding it a bit more.

Attachments

#11 ·
My 1998 900ss original paint, bought it from someone letting it sit and rot, new fuel system, inside of tanks getting an acid bath due to rusting, they left fuel intank while storing 🤦‍♂️ soo after doing all that ready to hear her purr.

Attachments

#12 ·

2002 750 S, daily rider.

Ohlins shock, K&N air filter, Magnecor wires, Ducati/Remus cans, CRG LS mirrors, CRG adjustable levers, Sergeant saddle, GTL Advantage tank lining, fender eliminator kit, clear short-stalk rear turn signals, clear flush-mount front turn signals, halogen headlight bulb, MCMotoparts billet shift & brake levers, Rizoma pegs, carbon heel guards, carbon belt covers, carbon chin fairing, Zero Gravity double-bubble windscreen, Ferodo pads, Vortex sprocket, DID chain, Corse Dynamics case inspection cover, Corse Dynamics oil filler and drain plugs, billet sprocket cover, Evoluzione clutch slave, billet coffin covers, CA Cycleworks belts, K&N oil filter, Spectro Oil, and a steady diet of Michelin Tires.

It is a Commuter, touring rig, canyon carver, and trackday bike. It has done Los Angeles-San Francisco many times. And, it has done both Los Angeles-Bishop, and back, in one day, and Los Angeles-Las Vegas-Hoover Dam, and back, in one day. It is a very stable, predictable bike. Out on the Open Road, I get a lot of looks from Harley Road Kings, and Honda Goldwing riders. It is going on this years West Coast Meet.

I could not ask any more of an innocuous, flat-black Ducati.

NOTE

Without the mechanical skills of fellow forum member, Redpato, the ride would be a whole lot bumpier. Thanks, Brother!

#14 · (Edited)
injected 695 monster powered 1994 600ss.
S4 monster forks and Ohlins on the way.
Complete 695 wiring loom CPU etc.
800ss headers
851 arrow carbon mufflers.
1000ss fuel pump.
800ss throttle body.
695 front wheel and calipers.
Braided brake lines.
5.5 inch rear rim.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Plant Fuel tank Vehicle
Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Vehicle

My smallest and favorite bike to ride because it has 72 hp and I can ring it's neck without scaring myself.
It starts instantly all weathers and I can leave work without waiting for the warmup and no iced carbs.

#16 · (Edited by Moderator)
Here's my 2017 Multistrada 950. It's got the Ducati Enduro Package, Barkbusters, and a Puig Racing screen. This is my return to motorcycles after nine years away and I love it for the all day comfort and the places it can take me. My favorite ride was a trip out to the Mendocino National Forest last month. It was my first moto camping trip.

#18 · (Edited)
Here is my entry. Now 3500 miles ‘older’ after my ride from Oceanside, CA to
Hamilton, ON
EDIT: apologies for dual posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#19 ·
Here is my entry. Now 3500 miles ‘older’ after my ride from Oceanside, CA to
Hamilton, ON

#20 ·
My 2000 748R following full restoration - which is my favourite aspect of the bike. This is the result of 2 years of my own labour, frustration, reward etc etc.

Mods to the bike include:

Ducabike Slipper Clutch
Healtech Quickshifter
Ducabike rearsets
Power Commander V
1098 12 hole Injectors
Samco silicone coolant hoses
Oberon Slave Cylinder
Original Seat covered in Alcantara
ASV Levers
Ducabike Billet clutch cover
Healtech gear position indicator
MRA "Smoke" screen
Oberon Reservoir caps
Ducabike frame plugs
Pro grips
Warp Speed Radiator Guards
Carbon Fibre timing belt covers, air tube covers, airbox covers, sprocket cover, swingarm cover, chainguard, keyguard and yoke cover
STG Preload adjusters
R&G Tank Grips
Exact Start Cable Conversion
Anodised wheel nuts and various bolts, nuts and fasteners
Ducati Performance Tank Protector
R&G Tail Tidy

#22 ·
View attachment 1008201

I race my 748 (853) at BEARs meeting here in New Zealand. But no matter what fancy new superbikes turn up on race day photographers always end down to my pit to take pictures of the classic 916/748 shape even though its now heading towards being 28 years old!!!
Okay only read the instructions afterwards!!!
Ohlins rear shock,
Racetech Gold valves
853 FBF piston conversion + Chip
Few Ti bits and pieces
Goodrich brakes & clutch hoses
Ducabike slipper clutch

#24 ·
2017 1299. Got tons of miles on a 916 and 998, and I wanted to see what it would be like to live with the last of the fire-breathing twins.
Started as a base model
Ohlins fork, shock, steering damper
S wheels
Sharkskinz bodywork
Paint by Peach Pit Painting (Robbie Nigl)
(I came up with the design, my son came up with the colors, Robbie made it 3D)
Akro titanium exhaust
Parts on the way:
Woodcraft clutch cover
Woodcraft rearsets
Brembo masters?
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting
Land vehicle Tire Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle
Vehicle White Automotive tire Motorcycle Light

#26 ·
Ducati Supersport ”S”
started its life as an black 750SSie -01. Then rebuilt in Italy to a full blown Cafe Racer, that’s when I bought the bike. A leaking fuel tank forced me to swap tank, and then it went out of control..
  • Modified 748 tank, in British Racing Green
  • Ohlins forks from Aprilia RSV Mille R, with custom made triple clamp
  • Ohlins rear shock
  • KOSO Thunderbolt headlamp
  • KOSO TNT04 Multi-instrument
  • New seat with memory foam
  • Rizoma handlebar and grips
  • steering damper 996
  • Powder coated frame
  • Multiple CNC-machined brackets
  • Pirelli Diablo Rosso III
  • Carbon fenders
  • Akrapovic GP
  • and moooore…

Sounds like a WWII bomber, and rides great on the full Ohlins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.