Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Ok, got her started today. Needed some coaxing, but here we are.
It’s idling at 900 and sounds kinda bumpy to me. Gonna put it on the GuzziDiag tonight and see what I see.
Any thoughts based on this video?

Curious, have you reset the TPS and balanced the throttle bodies?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Curious, have you reset the TPS and balanced the throttle bodies?
I was going to leave the tps, throttle bodies and valve adjustment to the expert.
Unless there’s a way to do the tps and throttle bodies without special tool stuff.
But I ain’t doing the valves…. Too scary 😳

·
Registered
725 Posts
I was going to leave the tps, throttle bodies and valve adjustment to the expert.
Unless there’s a way to do the tps and throttle bodies without special tool stuff.
But I ain’t doing the valves…. Too scary 😳
TPS is really easy. All you need is digital multimeter. Here is a really great writeup:

Also, valves isnt as scary as it seems. Believe me, if I can do it, anyone can. At the very least you should open the valve covers and inspect the rockers to see if they are flaking. The previous owner of my bike clearly did not check and one the rockers scored the cam pretty bad. I ended up having to replace the cam.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
TPS is really easy. All you need is digital multimeter. Here is a really great writeup:

Also, valves isnt as scary as it seems. Believe me, if I can do it, anyone can. At the very least you should open the valve covers and inspect the rockers to see if they are flaking. The previous owner of my bike clearly did not check and one the rockers scored the cam pretty bad. I ended up having to replace the cam.
That didn’t read so easy 😖

·
Premium Member
6,318 Posts
Sounds good from here! It may sound weird because you have the airbox open and you're hearing the intake noises.
Agreed... that sounds about right. As others have pointed out, some diagnostic tools (e.g., software) will tell you more about "exactly how" it is running with regards to the sensor data and current ignition/fueling settings.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts