Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the deal with the Paint for the matte black 900 sport, where can a guy pick some up at?

I talked to a body shop that looked into it and told me its a funky water based paint that only people who shoot that specific paint can get a hold of.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Check with your sprayer, tell them that there is a close match in a Mercedes AMG four by four that has the matt black paint job.

But my mate a sprayer says its not a color you can touch up, sadly grrr

Mine is a matt black bike too.

·
Registered
176 Posts
If you're talking about the regular Ducati non-glossy black, It's actually more of a semi-gloss than a true matte black. Did you show them a paint sample or did you just tell them it was matte? Might make a difference.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He looked up the actual factory paint through ducati and it's just not something he can get.

SussexDuke900, What do you mean by "it's not a color you can touch up"? You can always wet sand it with some 2-3000 grit to get out scratches. Either way I will find out since I'm replacing my right side lower plastic so I will experiment on that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea, you cant touch it up really. I tried to sand a spot with some 2000 grit wet and it changed the sheen of the paint.

I did find a site that sells 2002 ducati matte black paint. You can get it in a touch up bottle, spray can, quart, etc. I'm just going to repaint the whole panel.

www.colorrite.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts