Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well

I,m home and the fighter is back in one piece (nearly )

I started on the tailpiece & even tinted the rear light with some stuff from the car shop. You can see it hardly matters when on but when off its almost black

I do apologise for the pics, I wheeled it out in between showers & its back in now.
Just changed the clutch spring covers from red to Titanium so need to change the oil cover to get rid of the red.
Also changed the hugger for a carbon one & did change the undertank panels, but i am going to sell them as i think that they look a bit like a tarts handbag.
So if anyone wants them i will sell them.

I am very pleased with the bike & need to get better pics.

Attachments

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
this is a very jaguar-esque, or in any case british streetfighter. I do believe it desperately needs the carbon side panels instead of those huge black plastic ones. Great job though... still wish they offered the "tart's handbag" option on this side of the pond... sounds like a very interesting option

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought you could get the side panels easily over there ?.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
great job blackie..... just as we imagined it would be...!the "matrix green" mached perfectly with the "bronze" color of the wheels and frame and the ohlins gold....just perfect...
the bar you are using seems too thin and too tall for the fighter as i see it...i bet ts so much more comfortable for every say riding and long distances but i don't like it that much. i think it would be better if it was painted the same as the frame color.

great job with the exhaust and the other mods (mirrors etc) you have made..overall i think its one hell of a good-looking and unique fighter!!!

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
great job blackie..... just as we imagined it would be...!the "matrix green" mached perfectly with the "bronze" color of the wheels and frame and the ohlins gold....just perfect...
the bar you are using seems too thin and too tall for the fighter as i see it...i bet ts so much more comfortable for every say riding and long distances but i don't like it that much. i think it would be better if it was painted the same as the frame color.

great job with the exhaust and the other mods (mirrors etc) you have made..overall i think its one hell of a good-looking and unique fighter!!!
Thanks for that..The bars are thicker than stock & are the renthal fat bar. I have,nt decided on placement yet so thats probably why they look up in the air. I cant comment on riding with those bars yet but i know there are quite a few happy people with these bars saying its easier to ride. I did try to get the bars in titanium, but black or silver was all they did so black it was as they go with pretty much everything

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
maybe it looks thinner cause it goes higher in the air!!
come on blackie, you painted all the bike, its no big deal to paint the bar!!!!!! :)

i think that even the factory color of the bar (if not exactly the same as the frame or maybe a nice ohlins gold) will be perfect with the matrix green of the tank and the face!!!

youve done such a great job there and that is just a minnor detail, but hey, the black color there "hides" the bar and on the other hand a more brighter color will make it look awesome!!

:)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Nice job Blackie:) Whare did you get your carbon side panels from? When I put mine on I also thought it was too much, but after the initial shock of the differance I do prefer them now.
One thing you will find out when you ride it is the Rizoma mirrors are totally obscured by your arms,I had some 40mm spacers made & that has just about fixed the issue. It may not look so good but at least you can actually see behind you with only just a small arm movement.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice job Blackie:) Whare did you get your carbon side panels from? When I put mine on I also thought it was too much, but after the initial shock of the differance I do prefer them now.
One thing you will find out when you ride it is the Rizoma mirrors are totally obscured by your arms,I had some 40mm spacers made & that has just about fixed the issue. It may not look so good but at least you can actually see behind you with only just a small arm movement.
Igot them from a bloke in Oz.. may put them on & post a pic, see what the lads think.
I may need those spacers, do you reclon you could get some for me ? How much are they ?

·
Banned
2,888 Posts
Nice job Blackie, did you give your painter a good tip?:D Now go make the sun come out so we can get well lit photos, I'll bet that thing will come alive under the sun!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Igot them from a bloke in Oz.. may put them on & post a pic, see what the lads think.
I may need those spacers, do you reclon you could get some for me ? How much are they ?
I have 2 spare! I had 4 made incase I needed to extend the arms aswell,
but the bottom 2 work fine. paypal me a tenner & there yours?

Attachments

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
it's very pretty. :)

how did you tint the tail light? did you use a tinting spray?

·
Registered
536 Posts
basicly i don't like the bronze colored frame but with this color combo it looks awesome ! everything (frame/wheels) fits perfectly ! well done!

some more pics would be great.:)

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Top job Blackie.... looks great

·
Blame the universe not the tank!
3,234 Posts
That night shot IS the money shot! Congrats. Sorta like when people take pictures of any red ducati, you can't really tell what it looks like unless you are there. I agree with the other post... sorta reminds me of a british racing green with a modern take of it.

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
Thanks chaps

Managed a night shot of the green..
night shot really shows off the color. I love the look of the carbon on the tank in contrast to the green... even more reason to get the carbon side covers my friend!

Also, consider getting a seat with some texture... like a sargent for example... or maybe a suede seat.... I have one on my 749R and it looks great IMO. You can even make it yourself by just covering the original

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Yup... nice job man...

It took titanium nads to go ahead and change it so radically, congrats, you are the first and it looks way cool!

I also like the look of the carbon you have on there, and the pieces you have chosen, too much is a bit too much IMHO.

I will likely get a few choice bits but I have time to decide which ones will work for my taste and of course have to pass it by the finance department.

Nice job!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts