Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Marzocchi forks?

Anyone have any first hand experience with them?

I'm not talking about the stock forms on the Monsters, I'm talking about these:

43 Road

50 Road

How are they compared to the Ohlins? (Both price and performance).

I'm asking just because I'm curious, not necessarially because I want them for my bike. I'd just like to know.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
The 50mm RAC's (the second set in your pics) go for about $2200. If I can't get enough adjustability from the standard 50mm forks, I'm thinking about putting the RAC's on my MV Agusta Brutale. They are supposed to be comparable to the Ohlins Road and Track forks. Tommy Hayden was going to be using them on his AMA superbike so they should be OK hahah but I don't know if that has happened yet. Marzocchi USA is just getting major support of road/roadrace stuff after being into M/X pretty much exclusively for a while. It took a bit of doing to get parts for the standard forks but Marzocchi has just built a big new shop and ramping up the pavement stuff, so parts as well as tech suport should be getting easier. Nobody I talked to over the winter was very familiar with them - Lindemann, Pettersen, Race Tech, Munroe Motors, AMS, nobody... but that will probably change in a hurry.

I'll be talking to Marz this week and I'll post if I learn more.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I found (via their web site) that I could buy the forks for either 899 pounds (43mm) or the 50mms for 969.

That's something less than $1600 for the 43mm forks....pretty damn tempting honnestly....that is IF I'm reading it right

here's the site I found:

Click here

Am I out of my mind or am I reading that right?

Also, what's the benefit to the 50mm over the 43mm? Stiffer? Better components?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
The online Marzocchi tech manual confirms the internals are the same for both sizes of RAC's. The 50's are supposed to be significantly stiffer than the 43's. There is no price on the US website bu tit sounds about right. I do not think triples are included at that price and you will (obviously) need to change triples to accomodate the larger forks on a Monster. You will also need to make sure the fork legs will accomodate your brake mounting system and your axle, axle spacers, etc., or there will be significant additional expenditures and possible some fabrication.... The manual indicates radial legs or universal legs. I'll try to get some info on the universals.

·
Registered
306 Posts
A friend of mine had a set installed on his tricked out Supersport, and they look great with radial Brembos on there. FBF also had a set on a project 999 that was in the showroom.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Since the forks are the same price, I'm wondering just how much of a benefit one would notice from going with radial brakes over conventional?

there's more of a benefit by going with radial master cylinders too hu?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
any one else?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts