Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would bring this up for general discussion!
Why have Ducati gone from Marzocchi to Kayaba them back to Marrzocchi.
Seems very strange to me for a company to do this.
We know the Marzocchi 08 forks are crap, so they went to Kayaba for 09(dont know what they are like) now back to Marzocchi.
Are the 2010 forks improved? If so where is the fix for the 08 forks:mad:
Or have they just built another pile of crap:(
Ohlins and Racetech make cartridge kits for the 08 forks now, where does this leave the guys with 09 forks:eek:
Feel free to chime in:think:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Thought I would bring this up for general discussion!
Why have Ducati gone from Marzocchi to Kayaba them back to Marrzocchi.
Cost, purely a financial decision I would say, Marshocking will have put in a cheaper subcontract supply price and most probably dropped the quality of the cartridges to compensate.

Ever heard of a supplier downgrading price and upgrading the kit??

·
Registered
346 Posts
Marshocking will have put in a cheaper subcontract supply price and most probably dropped the quality of the cartridges to compensate.
Is it possible to drop the quality? ;) Jello-filled, maybe??

Kidding! The Marz aren't _that_ horrible, really. Fair-to-middlin', I'd venture.

Still can't quite figure out what is up with the extra 30 mm of travel on the new 2010 SP.
Does that imply the seat height is up, too (since they did say it has more ground clearance)?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Does that imply the seat height is up, too (since they did say it has more ground clearance)?
That then counts me clean out of that market Dave cos the council built the ground close to my bum, any addition to the seat height means bigger Gary Glitter boots for me :D

·
Registered
346 Posts
That then counts me clean out of that market Dave cos the council built the ground close to my bum, any addition to the seat height means bigger Gary Glitter boots for me :D
As long as you get the Glitter suit to match and do an Elton John-goes-Hyper
impersonation, we'll all understand and be supportive of the "new" Monsta...

·
Ducati Acolyte
819 Posts
....cos the council built the ground close to my bum....
ah a common ailment in Australia as well otherwise known as 'Duck's Arse disease'.and you know how close a duck's arse is to the ground :D

·
Registered
154 Posts
I find it odd, but it doesnt suprise me. Several dampers kits will have to be remade because of the 20 mm handlebar risers, i think.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
As long as you get the Glitter suit to match and do an Elton John-goes-Hyper
impersonation, we'll all understand and be supportive of the "new" Monsta...
As much as Elton is a nice guy and all unfortunately we bat on different teams so there won't be much glitter or glamor!

ah a common ailment in Australia as well otherwise known as 'Duck's Arse disease'.and you know how close a duck's arse is to the ground :D
.. I haven't hit my arse down yet ... thankfully :D

his is now I combat my height issue, pair of Newrock boots, double leather lined, 4 liter engine oil container chopped at the bottom corners for front boot protection and gearshift support.

Pretty Madmax but they work extremely well and have plenty of tread on them for wearing the outer edge on the road.

Attachments

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As much as Elton is a nice guy and all unfortunately we bat on different teams so there won't be much glitter or glamor!

.. I haven't hit my arse down yet ... thankfully :D

his is now I combat my height issue, pair of Newrock boots, double leather lined, 4 liter engine oil container chopped at the bottom corners for front boot protection and gearshift support.

Pretty Madmax but they work extremely well and have plenty of tread on them for wearing the outer edge on the road.
Now this thread has gone way off track I might as well chime in about the vertical issue:p

I have been told by a realiable source that he wears them to bed at night just in case he needs to get up for a pee pee,so as to get his aim straight and hit the target zone and not the floor:D

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Now this thread has gone way off track I might as well chime in about the vertical issue:p

I have been told by a realiable source that he wears them to bed at night just in case he needs to get up for a pee pee,so as to get his aim straight and hit the target zone and not the floor:D
That's why I am MONSTAMAN .. hung like a horse .. gotta swing it over the bowl :p

Either way Marzshocking forks won't help that! :D

Back to the thread at hand ...As you were!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts