Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of rebuilt Marzocchi forks on my bike The rear shcok has been replaced by a custom Hagon, is it possible to stiffen up the old school M1R?

Heavier oil or manually, advice please!

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
"Stiffen?" You can put in a stiffer spring if your spring is too soft, or heavier oil, if you need more damping. Specifically, what is the problem?

·
Registered
979 Posts
also you could make preload spacers.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a little too soft for what I am used too, and in comparison to the rear which maybe a little too stiff. The front bottoms out when pushing it up the curb into the garage...

Just wanted to know if there is anything simple that can do to stiffen the front up, heavier oil or harder springs which sound the best idea, or just go the USD :)

·
Registered
266 Posts
springs

i visited the racetech site and used their "spring rate calculator" to determine the correct springs for my 96 900ss/cr, then ordered them. $124, shipped. installed them with the forks in the bike - easy, and a nice improvement.

the racetech site uses manufacturers bike weight which is not accurate. too light. i used the actual weight from a period road test, less a few pounds cause i've removed some stuff from my bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts