Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Martin from Motowheels passed?

I just heard something about Martin from Motowheels passing away. Can anyone confirm or know what happened?

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Another Brother in arms lost. Condolences to the whole Motowheels family.

·
Obsessive/Compulsive collector
326 Posts
Just heard the same thing & I'm still in shock. It's been ages since I've been out there but I'd never heard anything about him having health issues. Truly teh suck.

·
Administrator
12,892 Posts
I was holding off on saying something until someone else or his staff posted here but it is a terrible loss of one hell of a great man. He was truly a good soul and a good friend.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Damn. I just took a stroll around my garage and was reminded of how many projects in there he graciously help me out with. RIP to a solid guy.

·
Administrator
12,892 Posts
Just heard the same thing & I'm still in shock. It's been ages since I've been out there but I'd never heard anything about him having health issues. Truly sucks.
He recently had a stroke but I didn't think it would lead to this. I am pretty crushed that I didn't take time out of my day in the last few months to call him.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Motowheels sent out an email to all the people on their customer list this afternoon. It said,

With a heavy heart from the team at Motowheels we would like to inform the motorcycle community about the passing of Martin Wong which happened unexpectedly on September 10, 2017. He is survived by his loving family, many of whom have worked here at Motowheels. Martin started Motowheels in 1999 in his garage and grew it into the business it is today in Rancho Cordova, CA. He was a big part of the Ducati community both locally and globally and was loved by many. Martin will be missed but never forgotten.

Godspeed Martin. Your excellent service and great communication over the years, plus your passion for the Ducati brand, will be missed.

Reactions: TUNA

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Oh my. I am so sorry to hear this news. Martin started Motowheels in his garage. I remember going over there all the time and drooling over all the expensive cool parts he carried. And all the group rides we would go on together. RIP Martin, you were a good man.
Mike

·
Señor Member
8,335 Posts
This is, indeed, sad news. Martin was such a good guy, great for our community. Saw him outside of the shop on several occasions, for lunch or dinner with his family. He will sure be missed.

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
Didn't know Martin, other than reading his posts on here but very sad news and I would like to offer my sincerest condolences to his Family and friends.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Godspeed Martin

Another long time friend and industry stalwart has faded into the sunset. But Martin created a legacy with those he surrounded himself with including a terrific and knowledgeable crew at Moto Wheels. He was a spark plug that ignited the imagination of many riders and enthusiasts from all corners.

From all of us here at BrakeTech, we will miss Martin and take some measure of solace knowing that many others will too.
Our condolences to his family and loyal co-workers at Moto Wheels.
Godspeed Martin

Jeff Gehrs
BrakeTech USA

·
Registered
326 Posts
When I got the message I couldn't believe what I was reading. By the time I was finished, I was completely bummed out....it literally stopped me in my tracks. I'm gonna' miss ya' Martin. Ride in peace. My best to Martin's family and the crew at Motowheels.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Martin's family and the motowheels crew our in our thoughts. Martin was always a great help, professional and friendly and he instilled that in his team.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts