Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to hear your opinion

Does it worth to install lighter wheels on the MTS they are very expensive as far as i know ?

is there anyone who did it or is about to do it? :)

·
Registered
574 Posts
Light wheels

I have been running forged light wheels for almost two years and I do believe they make the bike feel a bit more " nimble "

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
On the street, I'm not that into them. On the track, hell yeah, you'll notice a difference. Especially if you put on some lighter tires like the Michelin Power Cups...

·
Registered
386 Posts
Unnecessary on the street. You can't tap half this bike's performance as it is. For the track, well, why waste money on a bike that ultimately is not meant for track use. It's fast but at the end of the day, it's a sport bike on stilts.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Unnecessary on the street. You can't tap half this bike's performance as it is. For the track, well, why waste money on a bike that ultimately is not meant for track use. It's fast but at the end of the day, it's a sport bike on stilts.
+1

If you have the money to blow sure I guess, other than that...I wouldn't bother.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I agree with the previous answers. The only reason I would and am considering lighter wheels are for the track. Why would I track the Multi? It's the only bike I have, and a second set of wheels & tires for the track are easier to maintain than a second bike. This also gives me an option for the type of riding I would be doing. Stock wheels with mileage oriented tires for daily shores & commuting, & the aforementioned set for the track or mountains.
JCIII

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree with the previous answers. The only reason I would and am considering lighter wheels are for the track. Why would I track the Multi? It's the only bike I have, and a second set of wheels & tires for the track are easier to maintain than a second bike. This also gives me an option for the type of riding I would be doing. Stock wheels with mileage oriented tires for daily shores & commuting, & the aforementioned set for the track or mountains.
JCIII

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Logical attitude
And different approach too :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts