Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice that the latest Forged Aluminum March. Wheels have different markings on them. The pics (rears) below are for the V4's 2019 (1st) and the Multi's PP 2019 (2nd). They look identical in size and I believe fit both and other models. Anyone knows what the difference is?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
557 Posts
If you're talking about the D number near the Brembo logo surely that's the model number of the wheel, they're identical in size but the design is different.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just noticed that. Thank you. It's the design related in any way to the otorcycle model on which they are installed (weight, power etc) or it's a purely cosmetic aspect? I'm asking because I am wondering if it's ok to install a V4 wheels on a Multi and vice versa.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Just noticed that. Thank you. It's the design related in any way to the otorcycle model on which they are installed (weight, power etc) or it's a purely cosmetic aspect? I'm asking because I am wondering if it's ok to install a V4 wheels on a Multi and vice versa.

Yes you can swap rear wheels no problem.

If a wheel is forged it will be a bit lighter than a casted wheel. Don't know about these.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You were right on the rear wheel, the front V4 wheel is wider and doesn't fit the Multi.

·
Registered
700 Posts
You were right on the rear wheel, the front V4 wheel is wider and doesn't fit the Multi.
I thought you wanted to replace the rear wheel only, not both. Of course the front will not be a direct swap, but it may be possible to fit. With different axle spacers, maybe need brake disc with different offset, or disc spacers. Maybe need some machining on a lathe. You may need different wheels bearings also if axle diameter is not the same.

First step would be to install the wheel with appropriate spacers, then see if calipers clear the wheel, if so then you just have to center the discs in the calipers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts