Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've just install the Marchesini on my Multi...Also change the tire to Michelin Pilot Road 3.

Limited Edition

Before

and After

·
Registered
692 Posts
Looks great with the Ohlins! Don't know about the rear axle slider...a little much for me.

Curious, why go to that expense and not put a real sport tire on it?:think:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Holy cow, how to completely f**k up a beauty like the original MTS... those stickers, the wheels, the "weird" colour scheme on the engine-parts, the huge lights on the side. Really, you like this better than how it was original?

Sorry m8, just giving my opinion.

I'm sure the PR3's are a good choice though!

·
Registered
227 Posts
I wouldnt have gone the gold, but hey, its your bike. Have you noticed any difference in the performance of the beast with the lighter wheels?? Thats what going to after market wheels is all about isnt it ?

·
Registered
545 Posts
While my initial response would be similar to Dangerfield's comments about the pro shop hat in Caddyshack, I do understand why people like this look, particularly those who appreciate the older Italian bikes, including Ducati, that used gold wheels a lot. Taste is not right or wrong, it just is.

·
You're gonna love my nuts...
1,658 Posts
Well said arch.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks great with the Ohlins! Don't know about the rear axle slider...a little much for me.

Curious, why go to that expense and not put a real sport tire on it?:think:
Holy cow, how to completely f**k up a beauty like the original MTS... those stickers, the wheels, the "weird" colour scheme on the engine-parts, the huge lights on the side. Really, you like this better than how it was original?

Sorry m8, just giving my opinion.

I'm sure the PR3's are a good choice though!
I wouldnt have gone the gold, but hey, its your bike. Have you noticed any difference in the performance of the beast with the lighter wheels?? Thats what going to after market wheels is all about isnt it ?
Buckaye: I like go to the hill or mountain so the sport tire is not for me.

JelmerF: Thanks for your opinion. But for me is when you change something one the bike to aftermarket items why not make it different. Yeah the PR3 is real good.

oz_johnno: I changeed the wheels and the tires at the same time. So don't know that i was so excited 'cause got the new wheels but I was really feel the bike lighter, not the bike but the below part of the bike. When you make turn it feel easier and faster. sorry for my bad English don't know how to explain correctly.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Nice bike, like the colour scheme - got one just the same (no gold wheels tho). Recently sold an S4Rs Tricolore so love the gold wheels... :D

·
Registered
165 Posts
A little too busy for me. I like a more subtle look. The wheels should make a big difference over the stock. Probably 4.5-5 pound savings.

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
I'd expect a notice-able effect from the wheels. You might want to notch up the DTC as the lighter wheels will test the limits of your tyre traction. You'll probably notice a greater tendency to spin out on street paint, or wet spots.

I expect Vietnam has some hazardous roads (cow poo, jungle debri, rain, dirt etc...).

·
Registered
221 Posts
This is my opinion, dont take offence.

Bike looks good, would look even better if you,

Remove those narley looking rear wheel sliders or what ever they are. (They look [email protected]#kin terrible)

Install a tail tidy

loose the rear mud flap thingy.

Love the wheels, I like the sticker set, looks great! Awsome bike

·
Premium Member
12,294 Posts
You cancelled out the weight savings with the "Thingies" on the wheels...:D
Can't you return them???

Have fun with YOUR bike and enjoy it anyway you please...

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
The decals are wretched but the wheels are the business.
Vietnam has come a long way baby....since we were shooting at each other (Australian) :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts