Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gents (and Ladies?),

I know I really should spend time on a dyno and get a custom map but I have a trackday on Monday and want something that is "runnable" for now.

Stock motor, 2-1 exhaust w/ DP ECU and TPO beast R velocity stacks without filters... anyone got something they can share that might work in a pinch? www.powercommander.com has zero maps for sportclassics... (?!)

Also, can anyone recommend a SF Bay area dyno tuner who can dial this in for me?

By the way, I am currently running the Wasp PUK kit on my other bike and it is great, but I'm just trying something different on this one to see how it goes.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Back alley dyno tuners

I have the WASP kit and it's plenty grunty enough for the set up of the GT.

I could not resist getting the bike dynoed and remapped by a local good guy with plenty of experience. He was using a Factory Pro Tuning EC997 machine.
He explained that he couldn't map individual cyclinders. He wiped the WASP map and started again.

The result was a disaster. The bike came out poping and was under powered especially in the lower RPM. Field test, I have one slow corner which exits to a rise and the bike will wheelie mad with the WASP map. Nothing happened with the local map. Hard to know how the new top end was against original because the speed is too much for local roads.

I had to get back in touch with the WASP. He sent me a range of maps to discourage me from pissing around.
It seems that fuel mapping can be hard to do without good gear.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the WASP kit and it's plenty grunty enough for the set up of the GT.

I could not resist getting the bike dynoed and remapped by a local good guy with plenty of experience. He was using a Factory Pro Tuning EC997 machine.
He explained that he couldn't map individual cyclinders. He wiped the WASP map and started again.

The result was a disaster. The bike came out poping and was under powered especially in the lower RPM. Field test, I have one slow corner which exits to a rise and the bike will wheelie mad with the WASP map. Nothing happened with the local map. Hard to know how the new top end was against original because the speed is too much for local roads.

I had to get back in touch with the WASP. He sent me a range of maps to discourage me from pissing around.
It seems that fuel mapping can be hard to do without good gear.
Good call--I'll ping Greg since I have his PUK kit as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts