Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think my CPU was FLASHED by the previous owner.
It has a Feracci full exhaust and chip, and the locaL Ducati tech couldn't get in to map. I fiound an OEM Ducati chip for full exhaust, and he can't get into THAT, either!
Can someone direct me to a related thread, or offer some pointers? I've done a lot of work to the bike and I love it, but I'm STUCK at the mapping issue! It pops and spits at low throttle openings, and the synch and throttle position are fine.
Thanks!!

PS...I'm new to the Forums here... bought a 1999 996 few months ago, after many years of Japanese sportbikes.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I think my CPU was FLASHED by the previous owner.
It has a Feracci full exhaust and chip, and the locaL Ducati tech couldn't get in to map. I fiound an OEM Ducati chip for full exhaust, and he can't get into THAT, either!
Can someone direct me to a related thread, or offer some pointers? I've done a lot of work to the bike and I love it, but I'm STUCK at the mapping issue! It pops and spits at low throttle openings, and the synch and throttle position are fine.
Thanks!!

PS...I'm new to the Forums here... bought a 1999 996 few months ago, after many years of Japanese sportbikes.
996 has a 16m ECU. You can not flash the ECU. You can not "get into the map". It has replaceable EPROMs that has to be removed and read outside the ECU.

Most of the time the low throttle problems are due to incorrect TPS adjustment together with incorrect throttle bodie idle adjustment and sync together with incorrect CO adjustment.

Here on Brads exelent page you will find how to adjust it.

BikeBoy.org - Ducati 4V Desmoquattro Non Linear TPS Baseline Adjustment (plus ST3)

996bp also has an additional problem as they run double injectors. This tend to make them grumpy at low throttle openings. Mine did missfire at 3700 RPM during slow acceleration. This is solved by installing a single injector EPROM.

Here is more to read.

BikeBoy.org - Ducati 996 Strada Eproms
BikeBoy.org - Ducati 996 EPROMS NUMBER 2 – SOME CLOSURE?
BikeBoy.org - 996 Strada Eproms 3: Ultimap UM222 eprom and valve clearances

Maybe Tom at hypertrick has a good single injector EPROM for you or if not Brad at
BikeBoy.org - Eproms
might have.

Jocke..........

1 - 2 of 2 Posts