1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
They're knock offs. Look closely at the "Brembo" logo. I think it even says in the fine print somewhere. I've been tempted, but don't think I could trust the performance or the longevity.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I think that you might find a genuine Brembo 4 piston set with a master cylinder for sale in the classifieds if you're lucky...

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ahh, never in a million years would I trust my life to knock-off calipers.

I'm building up a new bike and using ohlins forks and I'm looking for a non-gold color caliper because that would be too much bling for this particular build. Silver or black would be good.

Dave, I may buy the masters from you, though...

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Ahh, never in a million years would I trust my life to knock-off calipers.

I'm building up a new bike and using ohlins forks and I'm looking for a non-gold color caliper because that would be too much bling for this particular build. Silver or black would be good.

Dave, I may buy the masters from you, though...
Do you already have the Ohlins or would you be interested in a pair of SuperBike Showas?

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Even if you trusted the ebay calipers (and the seller) they wouldn't fit your bike. Ad copy states they have 40 mm mount spacing. That would fit pre-1999 Monster and SS models, but won't fit your Sport Classic. Ducati went to 65 mm mounts in 1999.

Buyer beware...

Debby

·
Chilehead
6,982 Posts
This is the giveaway "Not Ship to Italy and France"

Both countries have severe laws concerning knock-offs.

Tom

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
barfer said:
..... I'm looking for a non-gold color caliper because that would be too much bling for this particular build. Silver or black would be good....
Check eBay and the likes; stock 749/999 calipers are just what you're looking for and can be had at very affordable prices. You need to have a little patience, but within a month or so you should be able to land a pair.

Good luck with the build and please do keep us in the loop.

RonB

·
Registered
303 Posts
You are right. I just got a pair of silver 4/4 calipers from a 999 for <$200. For my SS.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Got em. Dan Kyle still has 1 pair left. $2308 out the door.
Woah, that's a pile of dough. I paid $1400 cdn two years ago, it was an unsold auction on eBay. I was pretty lucky!

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Here is a link to real ones. BREMBO "Goldline" Caliper: 40mm Axial
They are not that much more and come with real Brembo pads. The finish on the black calipers look like a rattle can pan job

If you are willing to spend money on Ohlins, I would think you would want to buy real Brembo calipers too.

I think you would be happier with the BREMBO "Goldline" Caliper: 40mm Axial though. Much better initial bite...

-M

·
Registered
724 Posts

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Woah, that's a pile of dough. I paid $1400 cdn two years ago, it was an unsold auction on eBay. I was pretty lucky!
Without commenting on pompousness and such:

There are Ohlins and there are Ohlins. There are different model forks that can be fitted to our bikes, so the $1400 Ohlins and the $2300 Ohlins may not have been identical forks. New or used would obviously be another important price factor.

So, Dietrich, having a nice day? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Without commenting on pompousness and such:

There are Ohlins and there are Ohlins. There are different model forks that can be fitted to our bikes, so the $1400 Ohlins and the $2300 Ohlins may not have been identical forks. New or used would obviously be another important price factor.

So, Dietrich, having a nice day? :rolleyes:
Once again you make a good point major. Mine are the Paul smart forks. So probably very good but perhaps not at the calibre of road and track forks.

However the most important thing is "am I happy with them"? A resounding YES most defnitely.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts